Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

0-253km/h on the German Autobahn in a S100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

widodh

Model S 100D and Y LR
Jan 23, 2011
Venlo, NL
I was driving back from Munich in Southern Germany earlier this week on a 3-lane Autobahn (A8 Munich -> Stuttgart) when this police car pulled up in front of me.

All three lanes were forced to stop as they had to clear some debris from a blown tire of a truck.

I was in the middle lane just behind the police car with a BMW and Audi next to me.

Once the police gave the all clear all three of us launched. There was NO traffic at all on this super straight piece of Autobahn so I figured I'd just floor it and see where it would end. This part of the Autobahn has no speed limit. The instrument display also shows this.

253 km/h!

e0f6f734-9a4e-44c0-99c6-89a46f8e8afa.jpg

My passenger took a picture at 247km/h.

Funny to see that after ~230km/h the speedo becomes Red :)

I could maintain the 250km/h for about 2 minutes until we started to encounter other traffic and I had to slow down to about 160km/h.

Oh, yes, the BMW and Audi lost. From 0-100, but they also seemed to max out around ~220km/h.

My S is a S100D from September 2018.

Nice.
I bet the BMW and the Audi could barely see you after a minute or so.
Did you S kept feeling stable at such high speeds?
Yes, I was pretty far gone by then. There was another car catching up though. A Bentley I think.

The S feels OK at such speeds. But you feel the influence of the drag and you develop tunnel-vision. It's not relaxing.

I just kept thinking how much stress there must be on the tires at those speeds.

Nice. Please notice the soundtrack playing!

"It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you
There's nothing that a hundred D or more could ever do"
Haha, yes. That was just a random playlist which was on :)

Reactions: T.R.T.e.s.l.a.