Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

0-60 delta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's really not clear where the 100D 0-60 will fall. It will presumably have the same motors and inverters as the 75D and 90D, but weigh more.

This would lead me to expect a slightly slower 0-30 time than the 90D, and it to continue to be fractionally slower until the 90D hits its power limit, at which time the 100D's higher power limit will allow it to keep pouring on the torque and start to catch up.

I'm not exactly sure what speed the 90D hits its power limit at; I'm pretty sure it is between 30 and 60, though.

The issue isn't necessarily just one of weight. Having more cells in there battery pack means it can also discharge faster — this the 90D's faster acceleration than the otherwise-identical 75D.

That the P100D is faster than the otherwise-identical P90D, so it stands to reason the 100D will have an acceleration advantage over the 90D. I'd be surprised if it was sub-4, though.

The issue isn't necessarily just one of weight. Having more cells in there battery pack means it can also discharge faster — this the 90D's faster acceleration than the otherwise-identical 75D.

That the P100D is faster than the otherwise-identical P90D, so it stands to reason the 100D will have an acceleration advantage over the 90D. I'd be surprised if it was sub-4, though.

Oh, the pack can discharge faster, but can the motors absorb more power at low speeds?

The 90D pack isn't putting out all the power it is capable of at 30 mph, because the motors can't use it - or any additional power that the 100D will have.

The 75D mucks things up because it operates at a lower voltage in addition to having a lower power limit, but AFAIK 100D pack voltage is the same as 90D (might sag slightly less under hard acceleration?)

I'll be surprised if Tesla allows the 100D to end up slower than the 90D, but they might have to shave margins somewhere to avoid it.

Last edited: