Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

0-60 for Model 3P changed to 3.3 sec on tesla.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else noticed that Tesla on their website lowered the 0-60 times for the Model 3 Performance? It now states 3.3 sec and yesterday it was 3.5 sec. Same apply for Europe. Yesterday the M3P was specified 0-100km/h in 3.7 sec, now it is lowered by 0.2 sec to 3.5 sec.

New way of measuring or is there some sort of improvement in new software that will improve the 0-60 times? :) A lot of people have been mentioning that it is not as fast off the line as expected. Have Tesla improved this perhaps? :D

Reactions: jbcarioca
Anyone else noticed that Tesla on their website lowered the 0-60 times for the Model 3 Performance? It now states 3.3 sec and yesterday it was 3.5 sec. Same apply for Europe. Yesterday the M3P was specified 0-100km/h in 3.7 sec, now it is lowered by 0.2 sec to 3.5 sec.

New way of measuring or is there some sort of improvement in new software that will improve the 0-60 times? :) A lot of people have been mentioning that it is not as fast off the line as expected. Have Tesla improved this perhaps? :D

It didn't change.

Its been this way for months now.

https://3.tesla.com/model3/design?#battery

Reactions: gaswalla
Are you sure about that? I mean, a link to the design studio right now of course show the 3.3 sec time. The question is when this was changed. I think it was very recent.

In Europe it is 100% sure at least that it changed from 3.7 to 3.5 just today or yesterday. It was stated on the website 3.7 sec, 0-100km/h.

Absolutely I'm sure.
See the date on the article.

Tesla Model 3 Performance is even faster than anticipated: 0-60 mph in 3.3s, quarter-mile in 11.8s

Tesla Model 3 Performance 0-60 time could improve to under 3.3 seconds with upgraded tires, says Elon Musk

Look at Musks tweets from back in May. Tesla's performance Model 3 delivers 3.5 second 0-60 for $78,000

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: evster
Hence the ancient data, pre-release of P3D, showing lower 0-60 times for P3D+ than P3D-. The only differences in the “P with P” were 20” wheels, big red Brambo calipers, (spoiler and aluminum brake/accelerator pads. Thus, the tires actually are the only true performance related difference. I wager it is more improved with track mode and stickier tires.

Hence the ancient data, pre-release of P3D, showing lower 0-60 times for P3D+ than P3D-. The only differences in the “P with P” were 20” wheels, big red Brambo calipers, (spoiler and aluminum brake/accelerator pads. Thus, the tires actually are the only true performance related difference. I wager it is more improved with track mode and stickier tires.

The 3.5 to 3.3 change applies to both versions and only reflects a change in how they advertise- not a change in actual performance of any kind.

There's no performance difference 0-60 between P+ and P- based on both official Tesla numbers and real world testing done by numerous owners on here with a vbox or draggy.

Nor do stickier tires make any difference as the car is not traction limited in launch (also tested with real world folks who swapped sticker tires on P3- cars)

Nor would track mode make a difference because TM doesn't change anything that would change 0-60 times.

Honestly think the difference is just roll-out between original 3.5s and newly advertised 3.3s.

Correct. Prior to October they advertised all model 3s the same way (without allowing rollout)...after October the P time was changed to consider rollout, while the non-P times were not changed.

It's dishonest on Teslas part- but they do the same thing on the S/X so at least this change made them consistently dishonest across models.

Reactions: MarkS22
Not sure I would call this dishonest, US reported 0-60 times by manufacturers all use 1' rollout I believe.

that's why it's dishonest of Tesla.

Other car makers include rollout for all models- so it's apples to apples comparing them.

Tesla only uses rollout on their P models- making them look, artificially, quicker than they really are versus their non-P models.

It looked like they were finally getting away from that when the 3 first came out, but then they backtracked to dishonesty in October.

Lower suspension and stronger brakes.
Tesla Model 3 Performance version has a lower suspension and ‘stronger brakes’, Elon Musk confirms

Track mode
Tesla Confirms Model 3 Track Mode Requires Performance Package

20" Rims and red brake calipers - binned motors

Literally none of which changes the 0-60 time. At all.

L
binned motors

This appears to be...unsupported by actual facts. See also the P coming with exactly the same drive unit in the parts catalog as the AWD does.