TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

0-60 in 4.3 seconds on new RWD Model S

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by sumitkgarg, Sep 20, 2017.

1. sumitkgarg

sumitkgarg Member

Waiting for get delivery of my Model S RWD 75 next week.

The 0-60 specs are 4.3 seconds on this car and I was wondering if that is reasonable - given that its a RWD and might lose traction if floored. Can't wait to try it myself, but wondering if anyone who has the newer spec'ed Model S can comment.

• Like x 1
  2. bkp_duke

bkp_duke Member

Very reasonable.

My P85 from 2013 is rated for 4.1s 0-60, and as most people will tell you that number is a conservative measurement. Many publications have tested with consistency at 3.9s.

BTW, unless the tires are bald, you don't lost traction when flooring it.

• Informative x 1
  3. sumitkgarg

sumitkgarg Member

Great! Thanks for the confirmation. Sub 4 seconds for me would be a dream come true :)

4. Mediocrates

Mediocrates Member

I recently had a new S75 RWD as a loaner vehicle for about a week, and it performs quite handily without losing traction. My normal vehicle is an S100D, which is supposed to have basically the same performance as the new S75, and it seemed comparable. I might even give the performance edge to the S75, but that may be a matter of the way AWD "feels" versus RWD.

• Like x 1
  5. stan23

stan23 Member

You are in for a treat. I have one of the new S75 RWD with 4.3 times and both my buddy and I says it feels way faster than that. I also have an F80 M3, that does similar 0-60 times, and I can tell you the Tesla will smoke it to 60. Above 80 is where the Tesla looses it's steam but that is OK for me.

I have the staggered 21s with new Pilot Super Sports 265/40/21 in the rear, and the only time I see the traction control light kick in is when i'm rapidly accelerating out of a slow corner. The car digs very nicely.

Just wish I can turn off traction control.

• Love x 2
  6. DIL

DIL Supporting Member

@stan23 now that’s what I’m talking about! When you ordered 21’s did you automatically get staggered set up? That used to be reserved for performance cars. Have fun hoon’ing!

7. stan23

stan23 Member

I bought the wheels from Tesla, you can still buy the staggered setup. Matter of fact, I was thinking of de-staggering and getting the wider rears to the front, so I can have more 'bite' from the front tires.

• Like x 2
  8. Darmie

Darmie Member

Clear Lake TX. (Currently in lake Charles LA)
    Love my RWD model. Save a little money and anytime you punch it, it handles the response very well. The only time the lights start to blink is when i get on it from a stand still making a turn. It always fell well planted. I know it's a good thing but would be nice to feel the rear kick out like the old camaro days.

• Like x 1
  9. Drone Flyer

Drone Flyer Member

I wonder if 2016 75D's will get this sometime!

10. Newscutter

Newscutter Member

The older P85s definitely will wag their tail with the traction control on. They're a wild handful if you mash at it. FUN!

I can get my RWD 85 to wiggle too, but the traction control definitely keeps the chirps to a minimum.

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1