Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

0-60 MPH for new Long Range Model S WITH and WITHOUT "Drag Strip Mode"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anybody know what 0-60 MPH for the new Long Range Model S WITH and WITHOUT "Drag Strip Mode" times are.

Tesla.com lists it for the Long Range Model S as 3.1 seconds, but I can't figure out if that means with Drag Strip Mode and Cheetah Stance turned on or without?

I know the Plaid can do 1.99 0-60MPH with Drag Strip and Cheetah Stance and rollout but the REAL 0-60MPH without all that time-consuming complexity is 2.45 seconds.

Drag Strip Mode to me is relatively USELESS on the Plaid and wold also be on the Long Range so I am just trying to figure out what the real world 0-60MPH on the Tesla Model S Long range without Drag Strip Mode is?

Don't you already have a thread on this?

Reactions: bhzmark
Does anybody know what 0-60 MPH for the new Long Range Model S WITH and WITHOUT "Drag Strip Mode" times are.

Tesla.com lists it for the Long Range Model S as 3.1 seconds, but I can't figure out if that means with Drag Strip Mode and Cheetah Stance turned on or without?

I know the Plaid can do 1.99 0-60MPH with Drag Strip and Cheetah Stance and rollout but the REAL 0-60MPH without all that time-consuming complexity is 2.45 seconds.

Drag Strip Mode to me is relatively USELESS on the Plaid and wold also be on the Long Range so I am just trying to figure out what the real world 0-60MPH on the Tesla Model S Long range without Drag Strip Mode is?

Just to correct you about the Plaid: It’s not 1.99 vs 2.45. It’s fairer to say 1.99 vs 2.16 (with rollout). Or, doing away with rollout, 2.28 vs 2.45.

I dont know about the refresh 2021 S, but my 2021 non-refresh S does not have Dragstrip or Cheetah mode. Chill and Regular (or whatever it is called) are the only options.
The new Long Range Tesla Model S not only has Dragstrip mode and Cheetah mode just like the PLAID, but also on top of Chill and Regular the new Long Range has an "Insane" option as well. The question that is dumbfounding me is how does Dragstrip and Cheetah mode effect 0-60 performance on the Long Range Model S? In other word what is the point and effect of Dragstrip and Cheetah mode on the Long Range?

Reactions: bhzmark and GoCardz
The new Long Range Tesla Model S not only has Dragstrip mode and Cheetah mode just like the PLAID, but also on top of Chill and Regular the new Long Range has an "Insane" option as well. The question that is dumbfounding me is how does Dragstrip and Cheetah mode effect 0-60 performance on the Long Range Model S? In other word what is the point and effect of Dragstrip and Cheetah mode on the Long Range?
That’s the kind of question we’ve all been asking but it seems not a single LR owner cares about that.

I wish Elon would just remove Insane mode and dragstrip mode from the LR. These guys clearly don’t care enough about their car performance to deserve such tasty treats.

I should be jk, but I’m not. After more than 14days and not a single registered 1/4mile run, I say revoke their privileges. Anyone on the fence, if you can’t believe no one has a single run for the LR, you’re not a LR driver but a Plaid driver.

I can't wait to get mine and run it through every mode. Dragy is my best friend most of the time. I wish more people would post about their refreshed LR times. I don't need the plaid but wanted something a lot more comfortable and at least no slower than the M3P. The MS LR slides right in where I want to be along with pretty great performance for the street.

If were to exercise the throttle on the Plaid, I'd likely be going to jail. I already have hyper quick motorcycles but unless I take them to the track, hours away, they aren't much fun on the street. One big ticket and it can change a lot of things about your life. So the LR should be enough fun.

I would like know how the new MS LR compares to the P100D. It would be great to have similar or better (top-end) performance with the longer range and adaptive suspension.
The new LR is absolutely a faster car. The P100D has a faster 0-60 but at 65mph + the long range is an entirely different car. Traps way stronger than the P100D. Basically, the model S Palladium (LR) is faster than the outgoing Raven.

The new LR is absolutely a faster car. The P100D has a faster 0-60 but at 65mph + the long range is an entirely different car. Traps way stronger than the P100D. Basically, the model S Palladium (LR) is faster than the outgoing Raven.
From a quick search on the web, both cars seem to trap at about the same speed over the 1/4 mile, but the raven's et is 0.5 sec faster. and it's about 5 car lengths ahead. Over a 1/2 mile the refresh long range would probably prevail because it's horsepower doesn't fall off as fast as the raven's.

Reactions: Destiny1701