Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

0-60 MPH for new Long Range Model S WITH and WITHOUT "Drag Strip Mode"

got 2022 model S lr on 19" today.

tried a few 0-60 runs using dragy

from feeling alone its slower onnstart but then catch up and mayyyybe somewhat faster past 50.

from dragy its way slower from start and get about same g force as my 2020 perf at 90-100 mph

the 2020 dragy fully dressed is 2.5 using launch mode battery heated 80%soc
the 2022lr fully dressed is 3.3 using launch mode battery heated 78%soc

not using launch mode ( no battery heat) on both
the 2020 2.9
the 2022 3.5

so the 2020has more punch down low much more but top end look similar

That’s the kind of question we’ve all been asking but it seems not a single LR owner cares about that.

I wish Elon would just remove Insane mode and dragstrip mode from the LR. These guys clearly don’t care enough about their car performance to deserve such tasty treats.

I should be jk, but I’m not. After more than 14days and not a single registered 1/4mile run, I say revoke their privileges. Anyone on the fence, if you can’t believe no one has a single run for the LR, you’re not a LR driver but a Plaid driver.
Downvote from those of us that love fast cars, but don't make gobs of money.

The new Long Range Tesla Model S not only has Dragstrip mode and Cheetah mode just like the PLAID, but also on top of Chill and Regular the new Long Range has an "Insane" option as well. The question that is dumbfounding me is how does Dragstrip and Cheetah mode effect 0-60 performance on the Long Range Model S? In other word what is the point and effect of Dragstrip and Cheetah mode on the Long Range?
Does the Long Range Tesla Model S have Dragstrip and Cheetah mode, just like the Plaid? I have a 2022 MS. How do you access them?

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC