Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

0-60 P3D 2021 with traction all at the rear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was looking to a recent DragTimes Youtibe video:
I'm really surprised about 0-60 times with Trackmode with 100% traction on the rear and also all at the front.
How is it possible that with ONLY one motor the car is able to have the same times on 0-60?

As others have said, when you are driving in a straight line it has no effect. It only makes a difference when cornering. Personally, I have no idea why you would want to set it to a front bias. If you are drag racing, leave Track Mode off. If you are drifting, set it to 100% rear. On the track, 50%-65% rear bias is ideal depending on your supporting modifications. I've got mine set to 60%.

What does stability bias do? Is it similar to traction control? For those with tire diameters below 26” would it help?
It's how soon and how much stability control starts to fix a tire slip. If you on the track you only need it on a wet or if you're learning, otherwise it overheats brakes and prevents you from carrying speed.

So stability assist should basically be shut off unless it is wet? I’m also wondering if shutting it off will help those with wheel diameter less than 26” and deal with power loss because of it.
Should be gradually shut off while you're learning the course. And there is no power loss with smaller tires. Power curve is just shifting to lower speeds. Stability control does nothing to that.

I was looking to a recent DragTimes Youtibe video:
I'm really surprised about 0-60 times with Trackmode with 100% traction on the rear and also all at the front.
How is it possible that with ONLY one motor the car is able to have the same times on 0-60?

if you watch the motor output on scanmytesla, both motors still put out max power during straight line acceleration even when it is set to rear bias. Just like if you move it to front bias, the rear motor still goes to 100% output.