Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

0-60 Test App for the Tesla Web Browser

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been tinkering with a little experiment to calculate stats for 0-60, quarter mile time, and other stats via a web app used with the Tesla web browser. Because the browser API for the GPS only updates at 1Hz, the actual values need to be interpolated. I need the help of anyone and everyone out there that has a vbox or similar device for calculating such stats, to see how accurate the interpolation is.

To try the app out, just visit bit.ly/0260test in your Tesla web browser. Find some place safe, where you can rapidly accelerate to 60 mph and travel 1/4 mile in a straight line. Once you've done both, you'll see results similar to what you might see on a drag race ticket, along with a speed and distance chart. If the vehicle stops before reaching 60 mph and travelling 1/4 mile, it should automatically reset itself.

If you post results, let us know what trim you have and what the SoC was when you performed the run. It will be interesting to see how the results compare to official results. If you have a vbox, post the vbox stats as well, so we can see how they compare.

The app is a little rough around the edges right now, but I don't want to sink too much more time into it, if the results appear to be way off. If the results look good, I'll likely do more with it. Let me know what you think, and enjoy!

Please drive responsibly!

• Love
Reactions: AlanM