Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

0-60 time button

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree with the others about liability, both for Tesla and for yourself. Get into a bad accident and if they opposing counsel finds you had some 0-60 runs just before it's going to look bad.

You can buy a third party device to test this. Also, once you know your 0-60, do you need to retest? Outside of weight savings there is no way to tune a Tesla. It's not like a regular car where you can add a new air filter and see if you have 2 more HP.
I would bet that the average TM3 owner wouldn't be interested in testing his 0 to 60mph time. On the other hand, he might still find useful that his car can accelerate quickly when needed.
If you can't tell that your car accelerates quickly you are not very bright. Knowing that it is currently doing 3.4 seconds to 60 vs 3.3 seconds is hardly useful information.

Reactions: Aellinsar
Great idea, especially for the performance variants. I can understand it might not be that n Teslas’ interest. On the other hand, if properly implemented it will educate the user and help interpreting results, minimizing erroneous calls. Of course such a feature also helps to keep Tesla honest.

I don’t want it. The liability to Tesla and my personal insurance would probably skyrocket

That's just supposition on your part. I'm a safe driver.

Just asking for 0-60, i.e. ordinary highway speeds; in other words, I wasn't requesting this with a 1 in front of the 6, which I might also then agree with you.

Also this probably should be disabled when in chill mode, as it's not really interesting there.

I just want to be able to accurately measure the performance of the car, to be able to tell my friends.

If Tesla was worried about what you suggest, I would think they would limit the car to below 100mph.

Last edited:
I don’t think Tesla wants the masses to find out their 0-60 times are nowhere near what is advertised under most conditions.
Peculiar. My Dragy says 4.44 seconds and 4.22 with a 1-ft roll out.

This was at 60% SoC too.

EA23C0E6-36A1-4922-9459-29E4765A876C.png

Reactions: M109Rider and Togg
Can’t you just use the seat of your pants to know exactly how quick you are accelerating? You don’t need something to spell it out to you. If you accelerate quick, your pants will let you know :D

GB / US translation : pants = underpants

we use that phrase the same here, no need for the "under" prefix, we know what you mean.

For those that need a refresher the pre scandal Cosby explanation was on point. Sorry for the poor video quality, this is all google would give me

I would love to have this feature. Some new cars have this as well as a 1/8th and 1/4 mile estimators.

Does anyone know of an accurate iPhone app that can do 0-60 times?

Dragy is good... you need to buy a Dragy GPS unit that syncs with the smartphone app... it's cheaper than a Vbox with similar performance from what i can gather. Since it uses a GPS unit, it's more accurate than a smartphone only app and it also invalidates runs that are done on downhill slopes or other anomalies. you can post your runs on a leader-board if that's your thing.
I had a standalone app on my phone that just used the accelerometer and maybe the phone GPS, but the Draggy is way better and more consistent.
FWIW, i'm getting 0-60 in 3.2 w rollout... as advertised.

Last edited:
Reactions: Evan862
There are about 7 people in the world who want this, so I'm sure it's at the top of the list for Tesla'a developers.

At least 8. You're probably right though the thousands of videos with people doing acceleration tests on their Teslas would only lead to seven total people in the world that care about the thrill of acceleration. o_O. I mean Tesla thought track mode version 2 was a good option....