Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

0-60 Times 2022 Plaid vs 2019 Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just came across a used 2019 MXP 7-seater on the Tesla website and it shows 0-60 in 2.6 seconds. A new MX Plaid shows 0-60 in 2.5 seconds. I’m surprised how quick the 2019 is vs the Plaid, given the 7 seat configuration and with 1 less motor.

Have the older MXP’s always been that quick? Or was there a software update that increased their 0-60 times?

Either way, the older 7 seaters are much quicker than the newer 7 seaters, at least 0-60. Maybe the 2022 LR is quicker 60-100?

The new LR is faster than the old Performance after 50mph. There is also a feeling amongst many that the LR is being held back on the launch and there may be a software update to unlock it.

As for the Plaid, It can’t go faster because it’s pushing the limits of the tires 0-60. At higher speeds it is absolutely a monster!

Thanks for the info on the 22LR. Still waiting on my 7 seater. Date keeps getting pushed out and that has got me looking at used inventory.

I do wish Tesla kept the Plaid 7 seater.
I just received my black 7 seater, all options (22”, FSD) plus it spent the first week at a shop getting full PPF ($6k). Barely driven and better than new with the beautiful gloss/clear PPF. Let me know if interested.

Thanks for the info on the 22LR. Still waiting on my 7 seater. Date keeps getting pushed out and that has got me looking at used inventory.

I do wish Tesla kept the Plaid 7 seater.
Me too. I really wish the middle row would fold down in the 6 seater. Also a bench seat is more suitable for dogs, etc. Such a bummer. That makes several scenarios difficult. I also had to choose the 7 seater LR over the Plaid 6 seater.

That being said I would probably still choose the '22 LR over the old Performance. There are so many improvements from what I read that some are calling it way more than a refresh. Everything from suspension to batteries to noise and quality of materials has been improved and refined.

As for the performance between the two, below 50mph the Performance is faster, above 50mph the LR is faster. In the quarter mile they are pretty much the same, with the LR having higher trap speeds and pulling on the Performance.

In the real world, passing cars the LR will be stronger. Stop light racing the Performance will be stronger. Just because the LR is slightly slower than the performance below 50 does not make it feel slow, it is still a very fast car. Hoping for that unlock for the LR.