Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

0-60 times?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I read the recent Motor Trend article that said the regular MY did 0-60 in 4.6 seconds. I don't have any apps to check out what mine is getting. Does anyone have actual data they can share?

I assume you have the non P model in which 4.6 does sound accurate with 1ft roll out. Since Tesla advertises 4.8 without roll out to make their P models looks a lot faster

The acceleration boost does get you ~pretty close.( there is a 3rd party company INGENEXT that has a module that may interest you) I haven’t pulled the trigger on it. Bcuz I can’t risk my 8 year warranty on components as expensive as the batteries and drive units . the performance has slightly lower suspension, so tends to not ride quite as comfortable.. gjeebs on YouTube has a pretty good comparison of the lr vs p..

I've gotten 3.90, 3.93, 3.98. Attached is the most recent run at 3.98

Attachments

• 20201205_142536.jpg
    20201205_142536.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 91
You’ve gotten that on the boosted version meaning the 2k upgrade?

That was pt91713's run. I don't have a draggy or vbox, but there are several members with the boosted ($2k upgrade) MY cars that have posted results from those devices. They typically show sub 4 second 0-60 with rollout. I tried the boost for 48 hours and then got the refund. A few days later, I repurchased the upgrade. Stock felt slow after driving with the boost for a couple of days. 10-80 feels much quicker. I'm also glad to say that I see zero tearing on my tread blocks after a 0-60 test, so it shouldn't eat tires like the true performance models are known to do.

I read the recent Motor Trend article that said the regular MY did 0-60 in 4.6 seconds. I don't have any apps to check out what mine is getting. Does anyone have actual data they can share?

No hard data, just my butt gauge. However, I can compare it to my Model 3 dual motor, with boost, which I traded in on my Model Y. FWIW, I opted not to purchase the boost for the Y. First the Y. It is noticeably softer coming off the line than the 3. However, in situations where you roll on from highway, or even traffic speeds, the difference is not as noticeable. I noted the same difference in my 3 before and after I purchased the boost. 0-60 is where you notice the difference with the boost, and of course that difference quickens your 1/4 mile as well. It felt to me that the boost unlocked power to the motors in a steeper curve than without it. In otherwise normal driving I really didn't notice much difference.

You'll probably want to experience it though. My suggestion. Try it and return it during the window that they give you. Think about it, and then repurchase if you can't live without it. I believe someone else on this thread did that. Come to think of it, I may do that myself. :)

Blue line is the Y. Green line is the 3. Visually you can see the 3 has more power at lower speeds but tapers off. The Y is software limited at lower speeds but doesn't taper off at higher speeds. Most likely due to the weight of the vehicle.

Attachments

• 20201206_114920.jpg
    20201206_114920.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 79
Reactions: MY-Y
There’s a 10% coupon they have now. “GoFaster10” if you plan on ordering.

(Moderator note: its not necessary to bump each thread about this product with a coupon code. it starts to look like you are advertising for them. Regular user sharing is allowed, but advertising requires something different. I am assuming this is regular user sharing, but bumping multiple threads with coupon codes looks like something different.)

Thank you. I will wait a few hours before I order. Pick up is at 11:00am est.
Cool. I have the ghost and love it. Re-writing a wrong in 2018 when Tesla wanted to charge 10k more for PUP. Binned motors my ass :rolleyes:.

Apparently there are Y owners that have 980 motors and people don’t know about this. I heard they can put track mode on the Y :eek:

Last edited: