Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

0.99% for 72 months, Bad experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone ever been approved for financing at 0.99% but only at 60 instead of 72 months? This is for a loan of 10% down.

I placed a custom order for a Model X 100D (Fully loaded) at the beginning of the month (September 4th). When I placed the order for my specific build, the Design page showed 0.99% at 72 months.

<Drama left out for another time>

Fast forward to the day before delivery, I'm told they can only do 0.99% at 60 months. The Design page still shows 0.99% for 72 months. (My FICO is over 800)

Fast forward to the day before delivery, I'm told they can only do 0.99% at 60 months. The Design page still shows 0.99% for 72 months. (My FICO is over 800)
While I agree that bait & switch is annoying, but if there are affordability issues w/the 60 month loan vs. a 72 month, then (don't mean to offend, BTW) perhaps it's a sign you can't afford the vehicle?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
No issues with Alliant here. Just got approved yesterday for 72 months .99% on a new model x 75D. 5k down only.
While I agree that bait & switch is annoying, but if there are affordability issues w/the 60 month loan vs. a 72 month, then (don't mean to offend, BTW) perhaps it's a sign you can't afford the vehicle?
There are plenty of reasons why 72 makes more sense than 60 months without regard to affordability. I'm sure there are owners who can by a fleet of Tesla's in cash but they're still inclined to finance, especially at 0.99% because their cash earns more interest elsewhere.

My reason is that Tesla Finance informed me they don't offer gap. My car insurance offers new vehicle replacement but not gap coverage for only the first 3 years. Without having to explain too much, it's more beneficial to spread out the loan over 6 years instead of 5.

I also was only able to get the .99 for 60mo, I have a 800 score also, only bumped the payment a few hundred so not a big deal. .99% is still cheap money on a $100k loan
My biggest problem is that given our high FICO, we should have qualified for their best advertised terms. In this case, we should have gotten 0.99% at 72 months. Otherwise, Tesla should have posted 60 instead of 72 months on their Design page.

I'm sure plenty of owners here can relate to the multitude of things Tesla advertises versus what they actually got. In some cases, the owner got the shorter end of the stick.

Screenshot_20170929-112915.jpg

I actually got turned down for 0.99% insurance with 10% down, then they emailed me an hour later that I got approved for for 0.99% for 60 months and 3.64% for 72 months. my score has been 800+ and got a Volvo XC 90 for 1.49% for 72 months without any problems 2 years ago..

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna