Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

0% financing ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Chevy and Ford are massively subsidizing that themselves with inventory sitting on lots across the country.

Tesla has very low inventory and now limited production so there isn't any incentive for them to subsidize. Although the banks they work with may lower rates, but hard to say. I still wouldn't expect zero. Will have to see what happens when Fremont ramps back up. Local credit unions are often cheaper than Tesla financing anyways, which might be your best.

Last edited:
Reactions: preilly44
I"m talking about any car. No company has a EV comparable to Tesla right now including charging network. I would love to get in on this 0% Financing though.

Tesla has never offered (or had to offer) money-losing interest rates to sell cars. With the Fremont factory about to shutdown, there won't even be any cars to buy - so there will be way more demand their cars available - you sure aren't going to see any incentives.

Reactions: preilly44
I've scoured all the rates and the best rate I got on a 72 month loan with no money down was 2.04 from Navy Federal Credit Union. Tesla offered 3.50 with no money down or 2.99 with $7500 down.
I don't see that low of a rate:
brave_SBPPsaLxmI.jpg

Nice. 1.29 for 72 months is almost like stealing. Congrats. Which car are you getting?

Waiting on the wife’s Model Y (MSM AWD), this is her retirement car, only 3yrs left until 20 and I’ve got 5 left! I’ve got a ‘19 SR+ that I really like and we each have 60mi round trip commutes so having an EV is great for us. I couldn't believe the 1.29% we might switch one of us from USAA to Navy Fed for any additional benefits

Congrats on upcoming retirement. I served 25yrs in the Navy and 10 as DOD civilian. I'm trading in my MODS for the MODX. I love the EV's with free supercharging. I golf almost everyday so I'm changing to SUV. Easier to store my golf cart and bags.

Reactions: Matsayz
I would never purchase an ICE vehicle again. 0% or not. Good luck...

If your credit is good enough to get 0% financing on an ICE, you should be able to get 2% financing from your Credit Union, or something close to it.

BTW Most people who sign up for 0% financing would be better off negotiating a better discount off the ICE's price and arranging finance from their Credit Union.

• Helpful
Reactions: Electric Steve
If your credit is good enough to get 0% financing on an ICE, you should be able to get 2% financing from your Credit Union, or something close to it.

BTW Most people who sign up for 0% financing would be better off negotiating a better discount off the ICE's price and arranging finance from their Credit Union.
Most dealership would rather you finance with them since they get additional payout for that from the bank. So I doubt them will give you a better price if you don't finance from them. Not sure about 0%, but i know that when I negotiated my previous ICE cars, they always wanted to make sure I finance with them before promising me for a better price.

Also, 2% on $50000 loan is $2500 interest over 5 years, so i will take 0% any day. It's a misconception that dealership like cash buyer, they actually will reluctant to give you a better price if you don't finance since they make extra of that. if you are a cash buyer, always wait until after you finish negotiating then tell them you are paying cash.

You may have missed my point. I do not want nor plan to buy another ICE car again no matter the cost.

• Funny
Reactions: Matsayz