TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

0 to 60 uncork

Discussion in 'Model X' started by dark, Oct 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. dark

dark Member

Hi All,

SC uncork my X75D today, it is a Dec 2016 built, AP2.0 and I believe it has the old DU. I am having a hard time verifying my 0 to 60 times, since there are just too much traffics around. I tried to launch few times but not getting any accurate times. The closes I got was 5.3 secs.

My question would be the 4.9 secs has nothing to do with the DU? OR do you get true 4.9 secs with the new DU and a bit slower with the old DU? like.. 5.3 ish?

Any tips for me to figure out my 0 to 60 times without getting a ticket?

• Love x 1
  2. teethdood

teethdood Member

Flat freeway on-ramp. Gun it!!! I do it all the time, although I never measured the time. It's so much fun!

3. bswn1

bswn1 Member

How did you convince them to uncork a Dec 2016 built car? Did you take delivery after July 1?

4. Mrwatchdawg

Mrwatchdawg Member

How did they do it?

5. BigD0g

BigD0g Member

Smells fishy...

6. bwho9000

bwho9000 Member

Just asking: does 4.9 seconds 0-60 feel impressive for passengers?

7. chillaban

chillaban Active Member

Considering most of it is insane torque from a standstill, if impressive is measured in visits to a chiropractor for neck pain, the uncorked 70D was fine at that.

If impressive means you have to pass a V8 turbo Porsche at 80mph, don't attempt in a non-P Tesla.

P.S. Do people really impress or care to impress their passengers by flooring it in their cars unnecessarily?

8. tessla

tessla Member

The predecessor to our model x 75D was a Range Rover Sport SVR, tuned to about 620 crank hp.

But the thrill of the mx 75D feels so much more intense than the svr, I believe the svr was 4.8s stock. With the tune and pulleys. It was probably about 4.5s.

The only thing we miss is the sound that engine made. But for giggles, the MX wins. Especially getting on highways, and around town pottering.

Pic of the old “beast” attached.

Attached Files:

9. number12

number12 Active Member

Not sure how to get proof but can you?

Sept X AP1.0 over here. Would love an uncorking Pick me

• Funny x 1
  10. number12

number12 Active Member

Actually proof is easy. Did you get. Service slip? If tesla lied about only July and on uncorking... I say the only fair thing to do is uncork any car built sept and on.

• Like x 1
  11. dark

dark Member

so... no one have an answer to this? I am going to try to launch again to verify, like I said.. I was getting 5.3 to 5.5 seconds from my phone, considering some delay.

SC never said anything about the July 1 cut off line, all they told me is that they will try.

One thing I forgot to mention, my X does feel quicker below 60mph. However, above 60mph, it feels the same. SC told me the performance only improve 0 to 60 mph, there is no difference above 60mph.

12. number12

number12 Active Member

What do you mean delay with your phone? Are you using power tools or what?

13. dark

dark Member

I don't think my phone is accurate

14. number12

number12 Active Member

Are you using a linked app or stopwatch function?

Did service center give you a paper on what was done to your car?

15. Xtek

Xtek Member

Anyone know what the max kW output of uncork is? Using the Tesla Powertools app for iOS I see 370 not sure if I am corked or not. Fastest 0-60 I have is 5.1s.

16. dark

dark Member

is there an app for android?

17. Xtek

Xtek Member

I think it might be Tesla Dashboard.

18. jlund

jlund Member

As someone who is in the middle of negotiating with my local SC to uncork my custom April 2017, X 75D build that was also delivered in April, could you give us some more details here on how you made this happen?

What was your delivery date of your Dec 2016 build?
    Was it Inventory?
    How did you discuss this with your SC?
    Any other details that would be useful?

re: measuring performance, all I have heard is using Power Tools for iphone. I don't know anything for android: PowerTools For Tesla on the App Store

maybe something like this but don't know its accuracy: GPS Acceleration - Android Apps on Google Play

19. Pilot Steve

Pilot Steve Member

What is the process to get it uncorked? What is your version of software? Is it separate than an ota update? What do you ask the SC to do in order for it to be uncorked? Can we get photos of software version?

Thanks

20. dark

dark Member

wow, you guys are firing all these questions to me, but I am not getting any of my questions answered. It seems that no one has much information on this topic.

my X is a custom built, picked up Jan 2017

I just kept asking different people the past few months at SC every time I pay a visit since I had problems with my AP. I had no luck every time, none of the guy I asked have any clue to what I am asking. Last week, I tried my luck again I approached a manager who said "let me look into it". So I spoke to him personally, he told me it depends on the configuration of the X, nothing about the July 1st purchase date that everything has been talking about.

When they uncork for me this morning, I received a software notification from my phone (same notification when you receive an OTA update). After completed, I got a message from SC the configuration and firmware was successful (before 2017.38, after update 2017.38 same).

I verified with SC and they told me I got the updated performance, no paper work. That's why I started this topic because I want to verify.

• Informative x 2