Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

0 to 60 uncork

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More clarification from Corporate

Sent: Monday, October 23, 2017​
  • This software update is only applicable to 75D (dual motor). The powertrain in RWD 75 Model S and X built before June 19, 2017 was not designed to support the torque and current draw required to deliver the enhanced performance.​
  • This was a global change, so Service teams in UK and Canada will have access to the same eligible VIN list. We are still rolling out the communication but I expect all teams to be caught up soon.​
  • This update is best managed through a hardwired connection in Service…encourage those that want it to follow our recommended process.​
Are you able to get some clarification for the 60D owners? It’s hard to gamble 4.5k for the upgrade (Model X) and then told not eligible. TIA.

Reactions: number12
Vin is 190xxx on my April 2017. I took delivery late night on 30 June 17 and opened up a discussion with corporate 2 weeks ago. They called me last night and emailed me saying I was eligible. Houston service center said just a few people have done it so far.

I called my service center the Syosset NY asking if I can uncork my 2017 MX75D. They told me I should check in the mytelsa site and if my vin could accept
It there would be and option to purchase it there for $2000. Doesn’t seem like that’s what everyone else is hearing.

We have some creative trolling going on or some crazy inconsistencies between SCs

Reactions: BWa75D
I called my service center the Syosset NY asking if I can uncork my 2017 MX75D. They told me I should check in the mytelsa site and if my vin could accept
It there would be and option to purchase it there for $2000. Doesn’t seem like that’s what everyone else is hearing.
They must be confusing it with the 60 to 75 battery upgrade.
You need to speak to someone who knows what they're doing...

Reactions: number12