Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

0 to 60 uncork

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You are literally the first person to report this happening, so I wouldn't expect any confirmation from others here. We've all been told that there's hardware differences tied to the July 1st build date, though we've all suspected that not to be the case.

Honestly, I would've just kept this to myself because Tesla reads these threads...

I keep the S Performance metrics linked in my signature. You may find the data related.

I had an interesting discussion with my service manager. He said they were instructed by corporate not to unlock any cars without approval, which I interpreted to mean that they HAD unlocked a few on their own and could if they wanted to.

I would be happy to add an X section to the metrics if you would send me a copy of the runlog.

Last edited:
Reactions: racer26
I have had the impression that the performance upgrade was related to new hardware, more specifically an upgraded DU, and that they put BTX8 battery (85kWh) into the cars that were already on order to be able to give them the upgraded performance as well (up the voltage). It made sense to me, but it might as well be wrong!

You can contact @SG57 (the developer of Dashboard for Tesla) for a temporary code but I'm not sure his software can measure the output. It appears that the software has speed clocking.

Ask him
Dashboard for Tesla has velocity, power and GPS data in quarter second increments: all you need for a good 0-60 or quarter mile runlog. It also logs a bunch of additional data.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: scottf200
Corked cars have max power output around 270kW.
Un-corked card have max power output around 320kW.

If you have the dashboard or powertools app - all you need to do is floor the accelerator pedal for a second or so at any speed above 40mph and you will be able to see whether your car is putting out ~270kW or ~320kW and you will be able to tell whether you are corked or uncorked.

Corked cars have max power output around 270kW.
Un-corked card have max power output around 320kW.

If you have the dashboard or powertools app - all you need to do is floor the accelerator pedal for a second or so at any speed above 40mph and you will be able to see whether your car is putting out ~270kW or ~320kW and you will be able to tell whether you are corked or uncorked.

Is this just for 75D? I saw 370kW~ out of my 100D @ 69% SoC

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 8.07.33 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 8.07.33 AM.png
    133.7 KB · Views: 133
Hi All,

SC uncork my X75D today, it is a Dec 2016 built, AP2.0 and I believe it has the old DU. I am having a hard time verifying my 0 to 60 times, since there are just too much traffics around. I tried to launch few times but not getting any accurate times. The closes I got was 5.3 secs.

My question would be the 4.9 secs has nothing to do with the DU? OR do you get true 4.9 secs with the new DU and a bit slower with the old DU? like.. 5.3 ish?

Any tips for me to figure out my 0 to 60 times without getting a ticket?
wow, you guys are firing all these questions to me, but I am not getting any of my questions answered. It seems that no one has much information on this topic.

I wish I had a little more info for you, but I've not been keeping track of the Model X performance increases. Like some of the others have said, your delivery date is much earlier than what Tesla Corporate (as of a week or two ago) had set as the cut-off for the increase, hence the flood of questions. While it may be $5-ish for the Dashboard for Tesla app, I recommend getting it to at least give yourself some 'peace of mind', as you'll be able to track a ton of performance specs with precision (although some users have said that accuracy may be affected by the 0.25s delay).

If your Model X has indeed been uncorked with a delivery date in January, there's a chance that your local SC (unknowingly?) broke the rules a bit, as best we understand them right now. My local SC mentioned that there can be a bit of an information flow problem between the centers and corporate. On the other hand, you could have been approved for unknown reasons to receive the update. Now that we are a few days into the new quarter, Tesla Corporate may begin to change the upgrade policy.

But be sure to get solid performance data and confirm that you are indeed much faster than your original 0-60 times. I believe that Model X got the same 1s bump, so I'd check for that at a minimum.

-DJ

PS: If Tesla contacts you over this and asks you to refrain from talking about details, I'd recommend following their guidance.

Reactions: BWa75D
Now I want to contact my SC, but I want to wait for a few more success stories or else my SC may say they don't know what I'm talking about.

I think that's a good idea. There's likely a fair number of owners that are hearing about this, so I'd expect that Telsa is working to come up with some kind of solution... even if that solution means a 'no' for some or all of us with Pre-July delivery dates. Your 'patience' approach is likely a good approach to take for the time being, and I'm doing the same.

-DJ

Now I want to contact my SC, but I want to wait for a few more success stories or else my SC may say they don't know what I'm talking about.

IMHO, first we should see the performance increase to confirm that a performance update was actually done. There are enough performance gurus on this panel to verify once @dark uploads the data. Secondly, the local SCs appear to have no permission to uncork at this time and unless a tech goes rogue and does it, I don't see it happening, as I am sure there are authorization codes in place perform the uncorking..

Last edited: