Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

0 to 60 uncork

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can contact @SG57 (the developer of Dashboard for Tesla) for a temporary code but I'm not sure his software can measure the output. It appears that the software has speed clocking.

Ask him
Thanks @MasterT.

@dark , the Android app Dashboard for Tesla has a feature called speed clocking that will let you determine the performance of your vehicle in detail, 0-60 times included. Others in this thread have used it to verify their uncorking was successful taking 1 second off their 0-60 times.

This is a paid app, however here is an access code for full access to all the features the app has to offer, including speed clocking, valid Thursday-only.

To enter an access code, press and hold the sign-in button for 3 seconds when signing in.

The line from my OA is that any car delivered, as a new car, after July 1st qualifies for uncorking.

This sounds promising! Mine was likely a March, 2017 production with a "new car" delivery in September, so I'm really hoping mine qualifies for the uncorking upgrade!

What do you think is the best approach to discuss this with my SC? I don't want to blow my chances....I feel if you get rejected once, the likelihood of getting it approved in subsequent requests diminishes.

Does it really feel much quicker? Is the upgrade only noticely from 0-60 or does it feel faster through all speed ranges?

Speaking of range....I assume there is relative reduced range with this upgrade.

Thanks @MasterT.

@dark , the Android app Dashboard for Tesla has a feature called speed clocking that will let you determine the performance of your vehicle in detail, 0-60 times included. Others in this thread have used it to verify their uncorking was successful taking 1 second off their 0-60 times.

This is a paid app, however here is an access code for full access to all the features the app has to offer, including speed clocking, valid Thursday-only.

To enter an access code, press and hold the sign-in button for 3 seconds when signing in.

By any chance is Dashboard available for iOS?

Reactions: SG57
@SG57 I just paid for your app before I saw your post. Great stuff, and thank you for your offer. I have successfully verified my X.

I have questions for you. How accurate is the timestamp? Is there a delay time I need to add on top of the timestamp?

You are boardlining on trolling by making a post like that and not spilling the beans.

Why are you so relectuant to share any info?

Reactions: croman and ABC2D
Do these speed upgrades apply to the MX 90D variants?

There seem to be custom 90D deliveries pending and many inventory stock too... not seen any mention of it (only 75 & 100), so just wondering.

Thanks

You are only soliciting info to help yourself verifying your own number. You haven’t shared much if anything.
what number are you looking for that have not been talked about here? 0-60, 4.9 sec. uncork for model X? Are you looking for 3 decimal places from me? 4.934? 5.234, 4.899. you know these numbers don't mean anything right? considering reaction time, SOC, road condition, slope, wheels, tires...etc.

I don't see how this would help the issue here that Tesla is not uncorking for everyone. as I mentioned earlier, you are welcome to PM me.

This sounds promising! Mine was likely a March, 2017 production with a "new car" delivery in September, so I'm really hoping mine qualifies for the uncorking upgrade!

What do you think is the best approach to discuss this with my SC? I don't want to blow my chances....I feel if you get rejected once, the likelihood of getting it approved in subsequent requests diminishes.

Does it really feel much quicker? Is the upgrade only noticely from 0-60 or does it feel faster through all speed ranges?

Speaking of range....I assume there is relative reduced range with this upgrade.

I'd check with your OA, or maybe the DS, first. In my case, I was concerned, pre-sale, that I get a X75D that was 0-60 in 4.9. I got her assurances in writing (email) that the car I ended up purchasing met that criteria. After delivery, when it was obviously not the case, I got back with her and all was made well.

So demanding, I am already sharing everything I could.
What's wrong with that?

Am I getting punked?

@dark would have only 2016 with confirmed uncorking.

He is asking for plenty of help.. like how to use phone apps.. and not sharing anything.

He could provide service notes. Confirmation he is getting faster time. Etc.

This would be precedent for a rabbit hole of potential uncorkings.

Reactions: croman
Am I getting punked?

@dark would have only 2016 with confirmed uncorking.

He is asking for plenty of help.. like how to use phone apps.. and not sharing anything.

He could provide service notes. Confirmation he is getting faster time. Etc.

This would be precedent for a rabbit hole of potential uncorkings.

Instead of helping we should berate them for not giving us more info.

@dark , the speed clocking feature supports a built-in graphical analysis of the data collected during the recording, as well as the ability to export the raw data to CSV should you want to share your times. Plus once you opt to download your data after a run, you can forever view it in the history list useful when comparing runs back-to-back or in your case, corked and uncorked.

To the accuracy of the recording, it is not extremely precise as a true chronometer device could record since this speed clocking is taking place over the internet. This makes the relative latency between requests a factor from your vehicle to Tesla's servers then from Tesla's servers to your device. Key word being relative, so long as your latency is more-or-less constant thru the duration of your recording then your results are quite accurate. If anything, your recorded times will only ever be slower than real-world times due to Tesla's servers not sending data fast enough to catch extreme accelerations, so one frame you might be at 59 mph, then the next you're at 62 mph. The time recorded for your run in this case isn't your 0-60, but your 0-62 time since you clearly hit 60 mph before you hit 62 mph. Still, you always could easily project your 0-60 time based on this 0-62 time data yourself with an extrapolation.

Either way, it can certainly tell you if you're uncorked or not.

so... no one have an answer to this? I am going to try to launch again to verify, like I said.. I was getting 5.3 to 5.5 seconds from my phone, considering some delay.

SC never said anything about the July 1 cut off line, all they told me is that they will try.

One thing I forgot to mention, my X does feel quicker below 60mph. However, above 60mph, it feels the same. SC told me the performance only improve 0 to 60 mph, there is no difference above 60mph.
An easy way is to video your speedometer with your phone.
Then go home and play the video in your computer and measure how many seconds from the 0 disappearing to the 60 appearing.

Reactions: scottf200
The line from my OA is that any car delivered, as a new car, after July 1st qualifies for uncorking.

I bought an inventory car with a May 2017 build. I brought that up to my OA a few times. I saved the text messages just in case. my OA "it isnt a line item on the window sticker but I can confirm that it has the updated acceleration and quicker 0-60.....it is based on when the car gets delivered"

The day i took delivery and i asked again. One of the Service guys confirmed that mine had been uncorked. He also said that i was not hardware related and again said all inventory x's delivered now will be uncorked.

I bought an inventory car with a May 2017 build. I brought that up to my OA a few times. I saved the text messages just in case. my OA "it isnt a line item on the window sticker but I can confirm that it has the updated acceleration and quicker 0-60.....it is based on when the car gets delivered"

The day i took delivery and i asked again. One of the Service guys confirmed that mine had been uncorked. He also said that i was not hardware related and again said all inventory x's delivered now will be uncorked.

Do you use TeslaFi? Can you get your option codes?

@SG57 this sounds very accurate to me, if I understand you correctly. Assuming there is a delay from the request through the internet, the server, the car at start. There is also a delay when you hit 60mph for the information to transfer from the car, internet, server, phone. Should the delay superimpose each other?

@outie, @number12 are you serious? I have confirmed my X is uncork, I share my built date, I already said there is no paper work. And you are guys are still firing at me like that? Hint: maybe you need to be nice to the SC before asking.

I never said I will not post any data, I need to figure out what I am doing. Here is the raw data, I am making you to do the work.

1507209727188 0 22
1507209727438 3 53
1507209727687 8 89
1507209727937 11 112
1507209728187 15 143
1507209728437 18 163
1507209728687 22 199
1507209728937 25 220
1507209729187 29 251
1507209729437 32 278
1507209729687 36 311
1507209729937 39 330