Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

0 to 60 uncork

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I inquired with my OA if my September delivery MX 75D has been uncorked and this was his response via email....

"There is no verification through the touch screen that your vehicle is uncorked. I can however confirm that our internal system does show the update completed on your vehicle."

This is good news, but is there really no way for the owner to verfiy that their vehicle has been uncorked, other than independently testing the 0-60mph time?

My car feels quick, but to me it doesn't feel like a sub 5.0 sec car. I guess I'll have to test it. What's the best iOS app to use?

• Funny
Reactions: voltronhb
Brooks from DragTimes more or less confirmed that Tesla was throttling acceleration on his non-performance X100D. Power output off the line was inconsistent with power output at different speeds.

I posted my opinion that the 75D was artificially limited and that the new 0-60 speed was attainable with existing X75Ds without hardware upgrades... though that thread got me a ton of dislikes. I received my car back from service earlier this week. I asked about uncorking and was told that they will see what they can do. They never confirmed it was uncorked, but the car is noticeably faster and the power output goes past the max it used to on the dash power meter. Pretty sure mine was uncorked. March 17 build, btw.

Brooks from DragTimes more or less confirmed that Tesla was throttling acceleration on his non-performance X100D...the 75D was artificially limited and that the new 0-60 speed was attainable with existing X75Ds without hardware upgrades...the car is noticeably faster...
There is overwhelming evidence and little dispute that lower cars are software limited. If you don't want to send a runlog, you can be pretty sure whether you got uncorked by looking at max power.

Curious.... If anyone has tweeted Elon about uncorking for everyone our not?

Perhaps we should all tweet the same day, linking to these threads and inventory cars as examples of folks who got uncorked outside of official policy? Maximize exposure.

Rolling back the speed bump to existing owners would be a PR disaster so I presume they would either have to stop uncorking more cars or uncork as much as possible.

Something something “I thought Tesla was against giving anyone special treatment and that they would “never forget” existing S/X owners. The handling of this goes against both. Can you fix this?”

I’m okay with the fact I just missed the substantial 75D X drop in price, cheap 7 seat option, cheaper premium option bundle, and 2.5 hardware. After all, I got what I paid for.

But between the “just kidding, unlimited supercharging doesn’t just go to you” and now this, Tesla really threw a subset of owners under the bus.

I talked with my service manager and he told me it's just a firmware update for my 75d model but only cars delivered July 1st or later are eligible. I thought Tesla told us that our car is future proof because we will get our firmware updated. It doesn't make any sense why only cars delivered July 1st or later can only get the update.

I talked with my service manager and he told me it's just a firmware update for my 75d model but only cars delivered July 1st or later are eligible. I thought Tesla told us that our car is future proof because we will get our firmware updated. It doesn't make any sense why only cars delivered July 1st or later can only get the update.
Sure it does, they want you to trade in your (nearly) brand new 75D for a brand new 75D.

I inquired with my OA if my September delivery MX 75D has been uncorked and this was his response via email....

"There is no verification through the touch screen that your vehicle is uncorked. I can however confirm that our internal system does show the update completed on your vehicle."

This is good news, but is there really no way for the owner to verfiy that their vehicle has been uncorked, other than independently testing the 0-60mph time?

My car feels quick, but to me it doesn't feel like a sub 5.0 sec car. I guess I'll have to test it. What's the best iOS app to use?

This post caught my attention though...
Here's a snip from my car config diagnostic screen. Tow Package : Default

tow-jpg.254232

Here is my copy of the uncorking resolution email that went out tonight...

Back in July, we started by providing this update to a smaller population of 75D Model S and Model X to ensure quality and validation in the release. We've listened to your feedback and know that you’d like us to extend the population of eligible 75Ds, an objective we shared internally as well. Having spent the last few months validating if this is possible, we’re ready to include more customer 75Ds. There may be some cases in which we simply can’t make the update due to hardware differences, but we’ll do our best to do this for as many cars as we can.

Your local Service Center can confirm if your VIN is eligible. For eligible cars, our plan is to offer this as a complimentary update during your next Service visit so there’s no need to schedule a dedicated appointment – we’ll simply take care of it during your next visit. Please note that the performance enhancement may add up to two hours to complete and requires a hardwired connection to the car. You also have the option to opt out of this update altogether if you feel more comfortable with the current performance of your 75D.

Thanks for your patience and support while we worked through this. There was considerable amount of work required to get us here, but we’re looking forward to providing this as a complimentary update for the majority of our 75D customers.​

Here is my copy of tonight's uncorking resolution email...

Back in July, we started by providing this update to a smaller population of 75D Model S and Model X to ensure quality and validation in the release. We've listened to your feedback and know that you’d like us to extend the population of eligible 75Ds, an objective we shared internally as well. Having spent the last few months validating if this is possible, we’re ready to include more customer 75Ds. There may be some cases in which we simply can’t make the update due to hardware differences, but we’ll do our best to do this for as many cars as we can.

Your local Service Center can confirm if your VIN is eligible. For eligible cars, our plan is to offer this as a complimentary update during your next Service visit so there’s no need to schedule a dedicated appointment – we’ll simply take care of it during your next visit. Please note that the performance enhancement may add up to two hours to complete and requires a hardwired connection to the car. You also have the option to opt out of this update altogether if you feel more comfortable with the current performance of your 75D.

Thanks for your patience and support while we worked through this. There was considerable amount of work required to get us here, but we’re looking forward to providing this as a complimentary update for the majority of our 75D customers.​