Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

0 to 60 uncork

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Work order showing uncorking and resulting 0-60 time.

Attachments

• EF4560F8-7914-4860-8725-EE74FB413E97.png
    EF4560F8-7914-4860-8725-EE74FB413E97.png
    183.5 KB · Views: 165
  • F47DC878-DDBA-45A4-B722-9455705FBEAB.png
    F47DC878-DDBA-45A4-B722-9455705FBEAB.png
    583.3 KB · Views: 145
Well I received my MX 75D back today and could not notice any "seat of the pants" difference in acceleration. I pulled up the power output graph on my dashboard and floored it. I only saw ~ 260kw which is unchanged prior to uncorking. Lastly, I did several timed acceleration runs to 60 and the best I could do what 6.1s.

Not sure what's going on, but it seems as though my MX wasn't successfully uncorked. I emailed my SC requesting they try again :)
If you install iOS PowerTools or Android Dashboard for Tesla you can verify your maximum power and power acceleration to know for sure. The latter takes some calculations from the runlog. You won't see a difference in the power graph in car.

You should pickup 15% maximum power and 20% power acceleration for maybe as much as second difference in 0-60 in the X75D, the latter is not quite as much as on the S. We don't have a lot of samples of the Model X before and after in the Updated Performance Metrics. It would be great if you could contribute a runlog.

Last edited:
I wish you guys would stop posting on this thread! Every time I see it I'm reminded that my April X100D has a huge battery that is being software-limited. If someone in an uncorked 75D rips past me, I might pull over and cry a bit.

Great...now I'm going to be looking for X100D's on the road. Maybe if I blow by enough of you; you guys can file some sort of grievance and get yours too!

PS. X100D original did 0-60 in 4.8s so I can't actually blow by you. Plus I still have to stop to charge 60 miles before you.
Tesla-Model-X-100D-design-studio-option.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: P100DHG.
Well I received my MX 75D back today and could not notice any "seat of the pants" difference in acceleration. I pulled up the power output graph on my dashboard and floored it. I only saw ~ 260kw which is unchanged prior to uncorking. Lastly, I did several timed acceleration runs to 60 and the best I could do what 6.1s.

Not sure what's going on, but it seems as though my MX wasn't successfully uncorked. I emailed my SC requesting they try again :)

I was in the same boat...I have a March 17 production/Sept 17 delivery of a X75D. I was told my car was uncorked prior to delivery but I wasn't realizing the performance increase. Using PowerTools on my iPhone, I was only seeing 0-60 times in the 6.0 sec range.

I called Tesla on Monday and asked if I ca bring my car in for a firmware upgrade and a re-uncorking. They scheduled me for service yesterday. 2 hours later I had my car back with the 17.42 firmware and a re-uncorking. My car is NOTICEABLY faster!!! The uncorking worked this time, and it's likely due to the firmware upgrade.

I did a few 0-60 runs last night and my 0-60 times were between 4.9 to 5.0 secs. My power output now peaks at 360kW!

The improvement is amazing and no longer do I have X100D envy! I still do have P100D envy however!

Bring your X back for a firmware update and have them run the uncork routine once more. That should do the trick for you.

Good luck.

Thanks for your response Polar993. BTW, I had a Glacier White 993S back in the day :)

According to my SC, firmware version 17.42.37 was installed but it appears it was reverted back somehow? Thankfully, Tesla is sending a mobile unit to my house now to try again. They also gave me a MX P100D loaner yesterday. I cannot recall the last time I received a loaner with a $170K sticker! Gotta love Tesla's service!

I was in the same boat...I have a March 17 production/Sept 17 delivery of a X75D. I was told my car was uncorked prior to delivery but I wasn't realizing the performance increase. Using PowerTools on my iPhone, I was only seeing 0-60 times in the 6.0 sec range.

I called Tesla on Monday and asked if I ca bring my car in for a firmware upgrade and a re-uncorking. They scheduled me for service yesterday. 2 hours later I had my car back with the 17.42 firmware and a re-uncorking. My car is NOTICEABLY faster!!! The uncorking worked this time, and it's likely due to the firmware upgrade.

I did a few 0-60 runs last night and my 0-60 times were between 4.9 to 5.0 secs. My power output now peaks at 360kW!

The improvement is amazing and no longer do I have X100D envy! I still do have P100D envy however!

Bring your X back for a firmware update and have them run the uncork routine once more. That should do the trick for you.

Good luck.

I just got my X75D back and also didn’t observe a performance difference. Do I need to be on a certain SW version or maybe mine wasn’t toggled on? I’m on version 2017.38.4 right now with a pending update to install tonight. I wonder if I’ll have to bring it back to the SC...

Is it possible that you did not relay the question clearly as it seems the reply is about "retrofitting" (possibly the new motor)? "Uncorking" is a software solution, no "retrofitting" required.

I suppose it’s possible but I was pretty clear about the software update being done at SCs for 75Ds. I think it’s just phrasing but I encourage other 100D Owners to reach out! The more inquiries to corporate the more likely something could happen.

Algaehater, I hope your X75D is uncorked by now. Let us know how you like it. If you're an iPhone user, the Power Tools app works really well for testing the 0-60 time.

A glacier white 993S....now that's a beauty! Mine is a '96 polar silver 993 c2 coupe.

Ok, my car is officially uncorked! Not sure what power output is, but now consumption graph on dashboard is pegged at 300kW during acceleration. I was able to do one run with my wife timing on a slight incline - result 0-60 was 5.1s. Car definitely feels faster :)

Reactions: Polar993
I just got my X75D back and also didn’t observe a performance difference. Do I need to be on a certain SW version or maybe mine wasn’t toggled on? I’m on version 2017.38.4 right now with a pending update to install tonight. I wonder if I’ll have to bring it back to the SC...

The software update alone will not uncork your car. A tech needs to install firmware via a laptop plugged in to the car's main computer.

There's one easy way to figure out whether or not you've been uncorked. Floor the accelerator and watch the consumption circle chart on your dashboard. If the max lies somewhere between 200kW and the end point (with looks like 300kW), your car is not uncorked. If the max is pegged at the end point, your car is uncorked.

Reactions: voltaren
The software update alone will not uncork your car. A tech needs to install firmware via a laptop plugged in to the car's main computer.

There's one easy way to figure out whether or not you've been uncorked. Floor the accelerator and watch the consumption circle chart on your dashboard. If the max lies somewhere between 200kW and the end point (with looks like 300kW), your car is not uncorked. If the max is pegged at the end point, your car is uncorked.

Thanks for the info -- it looks like mine isn't uncorked yet based on what I observed. I will let my SC know. Thanks!

Called my local SC yesterday to ask about my MX75D with vin 55xxx with a July build date. Was told that it was not eligible for the firmware uncorking as it was not showing up as it being possible. Bleh... I hope it is faulty info as I was under the impression that all July and later builds would be eligible.

Called my local SC yesterday to ask about my MX75D with vin 55xxx with a July build date. Was told that it was not eligible for the firmware uncorking as it was not showing up as it being possible. Bleh... I hope it is faulty info as I was under the impression that all July and later builds would be eligible.

I assume you mean July 2017 right? You're probably not eligible for uncorking because you're already uncorked. All July and later builds already had performance upgrades (potentially due to hardware - motor/battery changes) The uncorking is for the rest of us earlier builds to unlock older 75D hardware via software to match the performance of the older 90D cars.

I assume you mean July 2017 right? You're probably not eligible for uncorking because you're already uncorked. All July and later builds already had performance upgrades (potentially due to hardware - motor/battery changes) The uncorking is for the rest of us earlier builds to unlock older 75D hardware via software to match the performance of the older 90D cars.

Yes, July 2017. I recall the published 0-60 time as 6.1s on my X when I was inquiring about its performance. Not sure what data source to use in order to confirm either way at this point.

Is there any documentation from Tesla that states what "uncorking" actually does? Increased 0-60 time? Increased power output, etc?

I just got my car "uncorked." And...not a damn thing changed. I logged my 0-60 performance before and after, and they both show 6 seconds, 383 HP, and 285 max Power_kW. When I called SC and informed them, the girl they transferred me said, and I quote, "OH the performance upgrade doesn't change that much. You're not suppose to feel it driving around town. Oh maybe if you take it to a race (yes she actually said that) then you can feel it, maybe. You improve 0-60 time by .1 second, at most." Just basically making *sugar* up as she rambles on.

I'm sure the uncork procedure was unsuccessful and I plan to bring it back. I just want some ammunition (solid documentation) to show them what uncorking actually does, if they try to BS me again.