Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

0 to 60 uncork

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my X100D uncorked before even the 75D uncorking as official. I was a bit cagey, though at the request of my OA who helped me out.

Before uncork I saw 0-60 of 5.2s. After most of my runs were 5.0 even though I saw a considerable bump in power. The best I've done is 4.8 but I had to work to get the battery warm. Where the power is most noticeable is punching it at highway speeds. But I saw my power go from 360kW to 410kW as well.

Krash has my metrics on his post (note that I do have the new DU, DU00).

• Love
Reactions: scottf200
I had my X100D uncorked before even the 75D uncorking as official. I was a bit cagey, though at the request of my OA who helped me out.

Before uncork I saw 0-60 of 5.2s. After most of my runs were 5.0 even though I saw a considerable bump in power. The best I've done is 4.8 but I had to work to get the battery warm. Where the power is most noticeable is punching it at highway speeds. But I saw my power go from 360kW to 410kW as well.

Krash has my metrics on his post (note that I do have the new DU, DU00).
this is what I’ve experienced.

F34F8ADE-1245-43F5-B210-063EC0136D0C.png

Similar results with an older drive unit

@Krash is very generous to provide his time to do this so thank you!

To my knowledge, the uncork brings the 75D's up to 90D performance. Nothing left to give to the 90D.

Condolences, as that was probably the key selling point to go to 90D unless that range made the difference.

I guess that's one way of putting it, but there is also a 100D uncork and it's completely unclear why that can't apply to the 90D, considering the 90D and 100D started with officially the same performance, and then the 100D uncork "officially" reduced 0-60 by 0.1s but on DU00 cars appears to be as quick as 3.6s.

(As an aside, sigh, this world of hidden software performance knobs is really awful once you admit to your customer that they exist…)

Got my X75D uncorked SC was nice enough to show configuration details, it now shows P1 and uncorked. SC said it is only 0.2 difference no where close to 4s.

Have tried flooring the pedal few times I don’t see significant change. I had 90D loaner for few weeks before, I could feel difference between 6s and 4s acceleration clearly. With uncorking 75D still feels like 5.xs car.

Dark, one way to test is to just videotape standstill to 60 and time later by embedding video of a timer. Or use a stopwatch using video footage, not super accurate that way but you should get an idea.

Here’s a video I made of my 75D 0-60 time. You can see how to time there. 4.9 seconds checks out, but again will be variable on temps, tires, weight of cargo, slope and road conditions. As someone mentioned, a highway on ramp from a rest stop works great.

Got my X75D uncorked...Have tried flooring the pedal few times I don’t see significant change...still feels like 5.xs car.
If you run iOS Powertools or Android Dashboard for Tesla and send me a copy of the 0-60 runlog you'll know for sure. Metrics are here. Max Power should be above 400 not below 370. Torque should be 560Nm not 500Nm (easier if we compute torque from the runlog).

Be aware that a couple of folks got half uncorked, that is max power but not torque or torque but not max power. Best to check both.

Bonus points for any Model X owners that do a quarter mile run (Powertools calls this "vehicle tracking") as we don't have any X quarter mile data yet.

Reactions: VMark
The newest MX 75D delivering now is already uncorked right? Because I remember the OA told us the speed difference between the 75D and 90D is only 0.01 sec from 0 to 60 and there is no way we could feel that. I think it was something like 4.9 vs 4.8 sec.

Time to share my story...

My car needed the FWD replaced under warranty. I asked the service manager if my car is eligible for the performance update if I get the range upgrade (60D -> 75D). He replied saying yes the car is capable if I purchase the range upgrade.

Fast forward to when the door arrived and I took my car in. I purchased the range upgrade (now 75D) and asked them to change the badge and do the performance upgrade while the car is there. The service advisor called me next day saying the car is eligible and they will take care of it.

A week passed and I went to pick up my car today. No one mentioned anything until I checked the paper invoice before leaving the SC. It specifically says to inform the customer that my car is NOT capable of the performance upgrade. I nearly fell on the floor because that’s 5k w/ tax and I wanted the performance only. They kept saying they don’t know why the manager told me it’s eligible and told me to talk to him when he returns tomorrow. The service advisor who told me it’s eligible was here today and said she’s just telling me that because the manager told her that that day. They brought up the tech who worked on my car. He explained he tried to force the uncork but it wouldn’t go. My car is “3” for the protocol number, which needs to be greater than 3 for the uncork. The tech said they need to give me a refund to make it right and will have the manager call me in the morning. Good thing is I got it in writing (text msg) what the manager told me.

As long as I get my refund and downgrade me back I am fine. I just hope it’s not going to be a long fight. What a disappointment.

Time to share my story...

My car needed the FWD replaced under warranty. I asked the service manager if my car is eligible for the performance update if I get the range upgrade (60D -> 75D). He replied saying yes the car is capable if I purchase the range upgrade.

Fast forward to when the door arrived and I took my car in. I purchased the range upgrade (now 75D) and asked them to change the badge and do the performance upgrade while the car is there. The service advisor called me next day saying the car is eligible and they will take care of it.

A week passed and I went to pick up my car today. No one mentioned anything until I checked the paper invoice before leaving the SC. It specifically says to inform the customer that my car is NOT capable of the performance upgrade. I nearly fell on the floor because that’s 5k w/ tax and I wanted the performance only. They kept saying they don’t know why the manager told me it’s eligible and told me to talk to him when he returns tomorrow. The service advisor who told me it’s eligible was here today and said she’s just telling me that because the manager told her that that day. They brought up the tech who worked on my car. He explained he tried to force the uncork but it wouldn’t go. My car is “3” for the protocol number, which needs to be greater than 3 for the uncork. The tech said they need to give me a refund to make it right and will have the manager call me in the morning. Good thing is I got it in writing (text msg) what the manager told me.

As long as I get my refund and downgrade me back I am fine. I just hope it’s not going to be a long fight. What a disappointment.

Sorry to hear this. However, I'd write an escalation email to Tesla to confirm your protocol number is really 3 as I havent seen an X60D couldnt get uncorked after upgraded to 75D. Good luck.

Sorry to hear this. However, I'd write an escalation email to Tesla to confirm your protocol number is really 3 as I havent seen an X60D couldnt get uncorked after upgraded to 75D. Good luck.
Thanks. I will try but do not have much hope. According to the tech be did try to perform the ucork or force it to and it wouldn’t take it, then he found out the protocol number is 3.

Anyways I will send an escalation email. I should’ve done that in the first place to confirm the protocol number instead of asking the service manager, right? Who would’ve known!

Update: In some (very) strange turn of events, my car became uncorkable. So at this time I don't know if I really have isensorprotocol number being 3 or I just got an incompetence tech at the shop. After contacting escalation team, the SC manager called me back the next day explaining how there's a discrepancy from what he saw and what the tech saw. He would be contacting engineering after the weekend. Fast forward to this week he told me engineering will be uncorking my car (note: not a tech at SC) and asked me to bring the car back in which I refused. They said OTA has risk and they want to avoid that, but they are also aware how unhappy I got from all these. They sent a tech out to my house today supervising the uncork with engineering working on the car at the same time. My car was uncorked successfully, OTA. It took about 2 hours. I now have firmware 2017.50.1 ceae3b8

Last edited:
Reactions: scottf200