Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

007 Submarine Easter Egg

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It occurs to me that I believe 5.9 is also the release where the car animation when bringing up the Tesla "T" info screen no longer worked. (Door opening, brake lights illuminating, etc...). Changes such as that may be our tip off if there's a new easter egg in the future.

Does the Easter Egg showing the Tesla employee group picture still work? I'll have to test...

How do you get that?

Gee ...

I can get a picture of the Tesla staff and a picture from a car from a near 40 year old movie ...

But I can't get a picture of my contact to appear in the embedded photo placeholder on my 2012 Model S ...

Isn't that special. :cursing:

Last edited:
I know that now. I was able to get it to show on my car.
7ee2c2b4f932e3328b3f6ba40f1d9675.jpg

d1d2791eb2b3f8b511cd790b18ec07cd.jpg

8f8044fcafa8388f89edcf9f88ac3f34.jpg
The obvious question is:
How do you turn it off?
I tried various codes etc. and cannot get it to revert
Got that too. It took me a few wrong guesses and then the obvious to reset back to normal.
I did try to repeat the 007 - first time loaded the 'big wheel' and the second time brought back the sub - so toggle didn't seem to work. I'll try rebooting
no need to reboot. just close your console and reopen and it clears up the "sub Wheel/car tire change" artifact.
Wonder what other "famous numbers" we should try entering into the code field?
24601 - maybe the car will enter musical mode and sing to us?
4815162342 - Not sure I want to tempt fate with that one...
Gee ...
I can get a picture of the Tesla staff and a picture from a car from a near 40 year old movie ...
But I can't get a picture of my contact to appear in the embedded photo placeholder on my 2012 Model S ...
Isn't that special. :cursing:
8675309 perhaps?
Beat me to it. but maybe it will get Steve841's contact to appear

Last edited:
Not sure if this related to Submarine mode, but I had Submarine mode enabled when I upgraded to .179, then got the message that "Touchscreen needs service" after the upgrade. The touchscreen would not work until after rebooting it, and the warning went away after reboot also.