Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

08 Roadster for sale- ....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm going to have to sell my beloved 08 roadster #194, due to divorce. 11k miles. Garage kept. Glacier blue. Hardtop. Forged aluminum rims. nav. new tires. Needs nothing. Everything works exactly as it should. 180 miles on a standard charge. Both 240v 40 amp and 110v 15 amp cords. Call me if you'd like to talk. Thanks. Chris. 71six94six6070.
tesla1.jpg

Sorry guys. A lot on my mind lately. I'd be at $55500. That would be fair I think.....your thoughts?
With only 11K miles,standard charge to 180 miles. a factory hardtop, and forged rims, that price seems pretty fair in my opinion. If it was my car I would have started at $60K.

The other important piece of data for prospective buyers is to know the battery CAC.

Last edited:
See the instructions on this page VMS Log Parser for Tesla Roadster

And here are the instructions from Tesla about how to download the Roadster log file:
------------------------------------------------
How to download the log file to a USB flash drive:
  • Use a USB flash drive that is 4GB or smaller.
  • Ensure the key is turned OFF and the vehicle is not charging.
  • Create a top-level folder on the flash drive called "VehicleLogs" (case-sensitive). This naming convention is very important.
  • Insert the flash drive into the vehicle's USB port (on the center console). The Touch Screen displays an alert asking you not to remove the memory stick and providing status of the transfer. If the Touch Screen goes to "sleep," tap the screen to "wake it up." The process takes from 10-15 minutes.
  • When the alert is no longer displayed, remove the flash drive.
The log file will be located on your flash drive in VehicleLogs/VIN/YYYYMMDDHHMMSS.tar (where VIN is your Vehicle Identifi cation Number).
----------------------------------------------------

Use the VMS parser program you downloaded from VMS Log Parser for Tesla Roadster and follow the directions at the bottom of that page to extract the data from the Roadster log file. It's a command line program, which means it operates quite differently compared to the software the general public uses on their Macs and Windows.

The CAC value is displayed once your extract the log file data using VMS parser. Unfortunately, there is no simpler way to get the CAC, as far as I know. Keep in mind that Tesla did not design the Roadster to make data like the CAC readily available to the owner. But it is important information when you are trying to understand the state of your battery.

OK, I tried using a 4gb flash drive with a new file named VehicleLogs on it. Nothing else is on the stick. I made sure the car was off, and it is unplugged. It is in the standard charge mode. I plugged the stick into the port, and the light on the stick blinks steadily, however, nothing comes up on the screen at all. I tapped the screen and it just pulls up the regular screen. An hour later, still nothing, except the steadily blinking light on the stick itself. Any ideas?
Thanks again!
Chris

I have no idea how to reformat a memory stick. Where would these 2 connectors be located and how tough are they to get at?

Stick it in a computer... Right click on the USB drive (if Windows) and choose format.... But first, someone verify format for me... I am unsure as to format of drives... (I have to go look for my wife's USB log drives)

Might be easier to check the format of the USB. I think it has to be formatted FAT32. (Someone check me on this)
That is correct. My apologies, I forgot to include that fact in my post upthread with the steps for getting the logs.

On a Mac you can right click on the USB drive icon after inserting it, and select FAT32 as a format type.

I have a google chromebook as well as another new asus computer. I've tried to reformat the stick on both, and when I right click and hit reformat, FAT32 is not an option on either computer. FAT (default) is. So I tried that one, to no avail in the car.

I have a google chromebook as well as another new asus computer. I've tried to reformat the stick on both, and when I right click and hit reformat, FAT32 is not an option on either computer. FAT (default) is. So I tried that one, to no avail in the car.
I use smaller than 4Gb sticks for my wife's log drives... (I think 1GB)... So, perhaps the 4GB that you have may be incompatible.