Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$1,000 to powdercoat a set of wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my 19’’ Gemini Wheels powder coated. Well, it's more of a swap which is convenient. I was in and out within 45 mins. The cost was $450 when I got it done 9 months ago. It sounds like the place has raised it to $500 since then. They are located in Santa Ana, Ca in Orange County. Best of luck everyone!

Reactions: Noflash
I've had my 19’’ Gemini Wheels powder coated. Well, it's more of a swap which is convenient. I was in and out within 45 mins. The cost was $450 when I got it done 9 months ago. It sounds like the place has raised it to $500 since then. They are located in Santa Ana, Ca in Orange County. Best of luck everyone!
Sorry to bump an old thread but what's the name of the place? Also by swap do you mean they already had Gemini wheels powder coated?

Thanks! you got the gloss black right? is the matte a gun metal/dark grey color or black? Does he remove the tires and reinstall/balance as well?
I don't know any other shop in Santa Ana but I believe I went to the same place as mentioned. Off the 55fwy and dyer road. They swap out your stock wheels for ones that are already powder coated. This also includes reinstall, balance of the wheels and transferring over the TMPS sensors.
-they do inspect your rims to make sure there isn't any or very minor curb rash. if you have some minor curb rash they will charge $25 per rim.

They sell a lot of matte and gloss black and those go for $500. I got the triple gloss bronze that cost a little more at $600.

The guy who runs it, his name is Ray. His phone number is 714-804-8731. He is super chill and took great care of me.

IMG_2252.jpg
IMG_2250.jpg

Hey folks - I stuck with the 19" Gemini wheels assuming I would just lose the covers, get the wheels powder coated gunmetal or black, and use these for winters and plus size to either 20" or 21" for a summer setup. After a few quotes from reputable wheel repair places in Seattle, $200-$250 per wheel seems to be the going rate for powder coating depending on whether remount/rebalance is included or not. I'm not cheap, but I can't justify spending a grand to powdercoat wheels that are maybe worth a grand. I'd rather sell these and get aftermarket 20s or 21s and be done with it.

Two questions for this group:

1/ Is that really the going rate for powder coating wheels or should I keep checking?
2/ Is there a market for essentially perfect and almost new (~500 miles) Gemini's with OEM tires?

Thanks!
Jim
Just have it done in my country (Slovenia): 100 bucks sandblasting, 120 bucks black sating powder coat.