TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

1:18 Scale Diecast Model Roadster

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by Roadster, Jan 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Roadster

Roadster Member

#1 Roadster, Jan 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    I like to buy diecast 1:18 scale models of all the cars I've ever owned or dreamt about and the Roadster is on the top of my list at the moment. However, I can't seem to find a single 1:18 out there o_O The Tesla store have none for sale; only MS. I've seen a number of 1:43 scale models on eBay but nothing larger. The Max Tech RC car just doesn't do it for me either as it just looks "off". I'm not opposed to buying a plastic dealer promo model but those are often unobtainium grade. They do, in fact, exist as evidenced by the photo @doug posted here from someone's Flickr stream of a Tesla Ride & Lunch event back in 2007 so they're out there somewhere! Anyone own any of these or, better yet, have one (or more) to sell?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JayBee7

JayBee7 Member

I have also been looking for 1/18 Roadsters but like you no luck, one of those Models in the picture would be cool mind :cool:

3. gregd

gregd Active Member

The closest I've come is one from "Hot Wheels". They apparently had a "Green Speed" series of 5 cars, with the Roadster #1. "Solar-powered and electric cars that prove you don't need gas to speed past the competition" it says on the back of the package. I think the car is 1:64 scale. 2008 model 1.5.

CAM00834.jpg

4. RobsJester

RobsJester Member

Umm, a full sized Roadster isn't considerably larger than most 1:18 scale cars, you could start there. ;)

• Funny x 6
  5. DeedWest

DeedWest 2010 Roadster 2.0 - VIN 523

I too dream of a world where SOMEONE comes out with a 1:18 of a Roadster in all colors...and imagine they give us little carbon pieces to interchange based on our Roadsters' options. I'd pay $250 for something like this.

I am clearly dreaming here. :)

6. ViviV

ViviV Member

upload_2017-1-10_14-48-41.jpeg
    My desk at work:D

• Like x 3
  7. gregd

gregd Active Member

Between the cars and your desktop's background picture, how do get any work done?

• Like x 2
  8. smicker

smicker Roadster 1020 / Model S P100D / Model 3 #244

Pamphlet on the left shows a 2.0+ front refresh so the picture must be from 2009+ -ish.

9. Don Valverde

Don Valverde New Member

Hello TMC,

Does anyone have a Tesla Roadster 1:16 r/c for sell?