Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1:18 Scale Diecast P85 Model S now in Tesla Store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my red one.

Price perception is value perceived. I think it is worth every penny. All doors open, fantastic detail inside and out, steering works, paint is flawless. I know some people who go out to eat and spend this much every week.

I am very pleased. Tesla quality or above.

Just got my red one too! I agree it's worth it. My only gripe is I couldn't get the red paint with dark interior and wheels like my P85D.
6aa798d61042c605f0dc50f45fe3479f.jpg
8e29f887b06ce4c7eeaca4a70d4d7b72.jpg
9458598905a8d42bcc8adb0d87eb3a0c.jpg

Looks fantastic!

However, it an eye-watering $308 for delivery to Australia :-(

Similar here. Around 230 USD for shipping to Germany. That is just crazy.
I will ask at our local Tesla store here in Frankfurt if I can get it there also. 210 USD is a steep price to begin with, but I would pay that for the quality and amount of detail the model offers. But 440 USD including shipping? No way.

AustinPowers:
Similar here. Around 230 USD for shipping to Germany. That is just crazy.
I will ask at our local Tesla store here in Frankfurt if I can get it there also. 210 USD is a steep price to begin with, but I would pay that for the quality and amount of detail the model offers. But 440 USD including shipping? No way.
Hey, can you please order two and then send one to me if you manage to get a reasonable quote?

I will pay upfront and add some extra four your work and kindness!

Got mine today.... Red model. It's beautifully done. The steering wheel even works the front wheels. Even has the rear windshield defrost strips. Doors and rear hatch open as well as the frunk. Definitely worth it. Considering what Amalgam and others charge for a similar model I think it's a bargain.

Anxious to see if it has LTE and 7.0. :wink:

The fact that Tesla can make a high quality toy that so many people are pleased with, but that actually accomplishes nothing, yet can't get their act together enough not to disappoint thousands of customers who were on the waiting list for center consoles in finishes other than piano black is:

a) ironic
b) pathetic
c) disgusting
d) all of the above

I'd start a poll, but I'm too disgusted.

The fact that Tesla can make a high quality toy that so many people are pleased with, but that actually accomplishes nothing, yet can't get their act together enough not to disappoint thousands of customers who were on the waiting list for center consoles in finishes other than piano black is:

a) ironic
b) pathetic
c) disgusting
d) all of the above

I wasn't aware that there was such an issue with the centre consoles (again not an owner) and I can emphasise with you're frustration but I can't imagine the development of these scale models affects the development of the centre console in any way. Trying to draw any sort of connection between them is somewhat contrieved and doesn't do your point any justice. Other than some CAD models and a little supervision from the Tesla design team (neither of which would take up much time or resources), the entire development and manufacturing of these models was handled by an external contractor. By comparison the centre consoles are an internal product from Tesla. The only way one could affect there other would be if the two products were fighting for the same development dollars, but I highly doubt that. Don't hate on the scale models just because the external supplier can do their job competently.

a) ironic
b) pathetic
c) disgusting
d) all of the above

Or different vendors, one who delivered as promised & another who failed miserably. (Again, I'm not excusing Tesla's accountability on that.) But c'mon. It's not like they just sourced this in the last couple months. Difference is that if this hadn't met quality expectations, we would never have known because there was no wait list. And there probably wasn't a wait list because they weren't trying to figure out what combinations to order. (And who knows how many other things never made it to the shop because of issues...).

As a collector of 1/18 die cast cars I reckon that is about a ballpark price. Exotos are up to $1000 and many quality makes in the $250-300 bracket!
Two things I am curious about :- are they "Made in China" as most model cars seem to be? And who makes it - Minichamps; Maisto; GMP; or......?
Can someone flip one over and let us know?
Do you think other European Tesla shops will have them soon? Would love to pick one up in London.
It also seems a heavy model for 1/18 scale so extra quality? Maybe it is the batteries.....
I think Tesla would do themselves a really good PR act if they gave one away with every new car! Minimal cost for massive goodwill - and mini Teslas on numerous desks at work and home. Cheap and appealing 'advertising'!!
To the person who was talking of lighting a car, just Google/YouTube LED-lit 1/18 scale models - there are many and they look great!

As a collector of 1/18 die cast cars I reckon that is about a ballpark price. Exotos are up to $1000 and many quality makes in the $250-300 bracket!
Two things I am curious about :- are they "Made in China" as most model cars seem to be? And who makes it - Minichamps; Maisto; GMP; or......?
Can someone flip one over and let us know?
Do you think other European Tesla shops will have them soon? Would love to pick one up in London.
It also seems a heavy model for 1/18 scale so extra quality? Maybe it is the batteries.....
I think Tesla would do themselves a really good PR act if they gave one away with every new car! Minimal cost for massive goodwill - and mini Teslas on numerous desks at work and home. Cheap and appealing 'advertising'!!
To the person who was talking of lighting a car, just Google/YouTube LED-lit 1/18 scale models - there are many and they look great!

Says "Made In China". I don't see any other ID unless it was on the box, which is gone.