TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

1:18 Scale Diecast P85 Model S painting/modding

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by olanmills, Apr 4, 2016.

1. olanmills

olanmills Member

The official Tesla shop has a 1:18 scale Model S (Tesla — 1:18 Scale Diecast P85 Model S). I am considering buying one and having someone that paints tabletop gaming miniatures to paint it so that it looks like my car. I would get the Signature Red color because its interior is the same as my car, however, the outside would have to be painted green, the wheels would have to be painted dark gray, and the spoiler and 'P' badge removed.

Does anyone have one of these? Can you tell me, does it look like it's possible to remove the badging from the trunk lid so that it could be painted? Could the badging be re-applied? I also would want to remove the spoiler permanently. I want to know if it looks possible, but it doesn't necessarily need to be easy. If I do go through with it, I would commission someone that paints tabletop miniatures or perhaps someone that modifies action figures/Transformers/etc.

2. MitchMitch

MitchMitch Lurker In Chief

I picked one of these up with similar intentions. I believe the badging is painted. (perhaps a decal under clearcoat?) Everything is super detailed, nothing short of amazing! From door buttons to titanium shield to warning decals. . .but also super delicate. I've done a couple of color changes on other WAY less detailed and less expensive models with marginal results. After turning it over in my hands many times and not really finding any way in, I decided to leave this amazing work of art stand as it is. I'd be super interested to see a finished product if you go through with it.

I did use it to spoof a friend in a quick texted picture in front of what they would surely recognize as my house. It helps to know that they knew I'm a Teslaholic, and the picture was seen on their iPhone. :D
    Just Kidding.jpg

• Helpful x 1
  3. olanmills

olanmills Member

lol, it almost looks real

4. Cattledog

Cattledog Active Member

Can't wait for the Model X version with FWD!

5. olanmills

olanmills Member

What do you mean by "FWD"? Normally, I'd think "front wheel drive", but in the context of toy models, I'm not sure if that's what you're talking about.

...oh, maybe "fully working doors"?

• Funny x 1
  6. siucity

siucity Button Pusher

Falcon Wing Doors

7. Half Dollar Bill

Half Dollar Bill Traveller, teacher, poet, accountant

Hurray for green, whether in the wild or on models!