Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1/2 Mile Runs

CA_Car_Guy

Nov 10, 2019
Bay Area California
Took my 19 M3 AWD LR to a half mile shoot out. Ran against a few different cars. Here is a half mile pull against my friends Audi R8 v10 performance plus. ~4 sec to 60 topping out at 130mph. My car was at a 35% SOC. He was behind be up to 100mph (he had a bad launch).

Didn't know I was going to be able to compete or I would have super charged before hand (long stupid story). The car had maybe another 3-5mph with a higher SOC (maybe with a few more PSI in the tires). It was ~ 2hr 75mph+ drive to get to the event at an air strip in Coalinga CA. I bought all the gear 10 x 10 tent, four chairs, coolers, helmets, and folding table all with ease in the trunk of my M3, Best trip down HWY 5 ever. No range anxiety lots of fun to drive and low stress with Auto Pilot.

Enjoy.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC