Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1.21 GigaWatt Supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was driving home from my first long distance trip in my P85+ and pulled into the Beaver, UT supercharger. The minute I exited the car to plug in, another revolutionary car pulled in. The owner had been following me for 30 miles and wanted to talk about electric cars. Seemed like a good opportunity for a photo.

Tesla and DeLorean.jpg

By the way, I first saw this DeLorean in my rear view mirror while driving 88 mph. It didn't disappear back to 1955, though.

Attachments

• Tesla and DeLorean.jpg
    Tesla and DeLorean.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 1,778
I was driving home from my first long distance trip in my P85+ and pulled into the Beaver, UT supercharger. The minute I exited the car to plug in, another revolutionary car pulled in. The owner had been following me for 30 miles and wanted to talk about electric cars. Seemed like a good opportunity for a photo.

By the way, I first saw this DeLorean in my rear view mirror while driving 88 mph. It didn't disappear back to 1955, though.

This is just fantastic!!!

Would be supercool posed next to a Model X with its wings unfurled!

Fun fact (speaking as a former longtime DeLorean owner): the Model X will be the first mass-production gullwing-door car (let's not split hairs with "falcon wings" for the sake of this post :)) since...you guessed it, the DeLorean.

(Approximately 9,000 DeLoreans were built from spring 1981 until the company went under at the end of 1982, if you're curious.)

Fun fact (speaking as a former longtime DeLorean owner): the Model X will be the first mass-production gullwing-door car (let's not split hairs with "falcon wings" for the sake of this post :)) since...you guessed it, the DeLorean.

(Approximately 9,000 DeLoreans were built from spring 1981 until the company went under at the end of 1982, if you're curious.)
What about the Mercedes SLS AMG?

What about the Mercedes SLS AMG?

Notice I did say "mass-produced." :)

There have been a handful of super-limited-production gull-winged cars, often hand-built gull-wing cars, including the SLS (according to its Wikipedia page, only about 2700 were made and it is now being replaced by a traditional-door version).

To put it another way, the X will be the first gull-wing door car you'll actually have a good chance of seeing on the street as the DeLorean in 1982 (of course, seeing a DeLorean now is rare...).

Notice I did say "mass-produced." :)

There have been a handful of super-limited-production gull-winged cars, often hand-built gull-wing cars, including the SLS (according to its Wikipedia page, only about 2700 were made and it is now being replaced by a traditional-door version).

To put it another way, the X will be the first gull-wing door car you'll actually have a good chance of seeing on the street as the DeLorean in 1982 (of course, seeing a DeLorean now is rare...).

I lived in Reno, Nevada from 1980-1984. One day I went over to the Harrahs Auto Collection and there were three visiting 300SL Gullwings in the parking lot. Plus the one in the Collection itself. Saw four in one day!

View attachment 75375

I love how "Doc Brown" pronounces it 1.21 "Jigawatts" soft G not 1.21 "Gigawatts" hard G:

Enjoy!!!!

1.21 gigawatts?! - Dr. Brown Marty - Back to the future - YouTube