Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$1,250 Center Console Worth It?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the same one that Fastech has, but looks like this will be less for shipping. I agree, it's reasonably priced and feels factory and a good option at a cheaper price point as I did previously own one, but just sold it. I just drove a 2018 loaner with the integrated console and there id no question that one is better quality and feels more premium. As usual, you get what you pay for :)
I bought CCI at TapTes and I feel that the price/performance ratio is still quite high. It seems that the quality is similar to that of Tesla's official website. If you want to pursue higher quality recommendations Tesla official website to buy, the only drawback is that Tesla's official website customer service is too bad, there was an unpleasant shopping experience before, on the contrary TapTes customer service is very good, the speed of transportation is also very fast, I am In the United States, it takes only about 10 days for CCI to send from Hong Kong. If you need it, it is recommended to buy it, and it is still full.

I bought CCI at TapTes and I feel that the price/performance ratio is still quite high. It seems that the quality is similar to that of Tesla's official website. If you want to pursue higher quality recommendations Tesla official website to buy, the only drawback is that Tesla's official website customer service is too bad, there was an unpleasant shopping experience before, on the contrary TapTes customer service is very good, the speed of transportation is also very fast, I am In the United States, it takes only about 10 days for CCI to send from Hong Kong. If you need it, it is recommended to buy it, and it is still full.

Sounds like you work for TapTes if you are trying to convince anyone here that a knock off console of Tesla's 1st generation console, which Tesla admittedly stopped producing because of quality control issues in favor of the current more expensive integrated console, you aren't being truthful. The fact you have a new account here and have only posted 3 messages makes me suspicious as well.

There is nothing wrong with the console from TapTes, but it's half the price, and half the quality and that is fine. I should know since I just switched from the one from FastTech to the Tesla Integrated One.

Personally I got a much smaller Topfit Portable Silicone Center Container. I really like it. Its perfect for me and my wife can place her purse on top without interfering with the space. Good review by Internet Dude at:
. You can find it on Amazon: Amazon.com: Topfit Portable Silicone Center Container /Cup Holder for Tesla Model S (Black New Version): Automotive.

THIS!!! This thing changed my life... well, at least my life in the car.... I got so sick of elbowing Starbucks coffee in the worst positioned cupholders in the world every time I got in the car, and that Topfit center Container was a godsend... LOVE it!!!!

There was no way I was paying $1,250 for a center console.... let alone $500.... The topfit center container was a great happy medium for me! to store my sunglasses, drinks, phone, etc.

But as others have stated, depends what your needs are.

I decide to order the Portable Silicone from Topfit on amazon. I personally do not like the way it looks. It looks tacky and cheap. It also makes the interior of your car look worse. But after reading the reviews which are mostly positive and watching videos of it. Im going to give it a try. at $65 why not?

Last edited:
I've owned my Model S (CPO) for about 3 months now, and have struggled quite a bit about the whole center console issue. I initially ordered the silicone item, and although it was an improvement over the open yacht floor, it didn't meet my needs. Next, I bought a used Evannex console. It was a big step in the right direction, but has some serious flaws. A single, undersized cupholder and a poorly designed storage area made it not work for me. I finally bit the bullet and ordered the Tesla OEM item. A ranger came to my home to install, and it took many hours. I can now understand the cost, as it was a major piece of work to remove the original console and install this new one. The quality and functionality is outstanding.

Reactions: Russell
I've owned my Model S (CPO) for about 3 months now, and have struggled quite a bit about the whole center console issue. I initially ordered the silicone item, and although it was an improvement over the open yacht floor, it didn't meet my needs. Next, I bought a used Evannex console. It was a big step in the right direction, but has some serious flaws. A single, undersized cupholder and a poorly designed storage area made it not work for me. I finally bit the bullet and ordered the Tesla OEM item. A ranger came to my home to install, and it took many hours. I can now understand the cost, as it was a major piece of work to remove the original console and install this new one. The quality and functionality is outstanding.

Would you except anything less for something that is $1250?

9051C77B-C615-47DD-AB41-5D5C210A9928.jpeg 5A06C988-35EA-415A-8F1F-FD8569EBD2B0.jpeg After 18 months, I’ve owned the Evannex, the knock off first gen Fasttech one and the now Premium Tesla Integrated Console.

The Evannex, while quality is poorly designed. I’d pass. I sold mine on eBay.

The fastech knock off is a good compromise between the current $1,250 console and is off decent quality but designed better than the Evannex

The Tesla integrated console is high quality but suffers from average design like their first gen console. The phone dock is in a terrible location which is not visible from driver position (when at a ref light of course.) and the cup holders are deep and hard to reach in and grab. My solution was to buy the Evannex Qi charging storage cubby listed below. It solves the sunglass holder deilemma we also suffer from, and my phone sits within reach charging slowly. I’m normally fully charged, so I don’t mind. If I need faster charging I use the dock. The cubby easily lifts out so you can access those cup holders underneath if you need to. I’ve considered adding a pro clip that mounts on the side of the console for a better viewing angle, but it will get crowded and ruin the look. The storage cubby also holds coins, but who takes coins anymore?!!

The one caveat with the Evannex storage cubby is it does slide up and down when pressing hard on brake. I let them know about this, but for now, I’m attaching double sided tape so it adheres and doesn’t slide around.

Center Console Storage Shelf with Optional Qi Wireless Charger for Tesla Model S

• Informative
Reactions: davidc18
I used to have the Evannex console. I upgraded to the Tesla OEM version for $1,250 and for me, it was well worth it. I now have two cupholders in the rear seats. It looks beautiful and will last for many years. I strongly recommend buying this accessory. It was quite easy from start to finish. I ordered on the Tesla site and it was shipped to my nearest service center. I waited in the lounge and drove home very happy.

Brent

Reactions: mbhforum
I've tried all of these solutions except the Taptes console. The silicone one is cheap and add some low level of organization, but didn't work for me. The Evannex is poorly designed - it looks great and fits well, but it has a tiny cupholder and the storage space is very small - I'm not sure why. The integrated Tesla console is very, very nice. It costs $1250 because it comes in a huge box with many pieces, and takes a Tesla employee (in SC or Mobile Ranger) 2-3 hours to install, including taking out the passenger seat. I know $1250 is a bitter pill to swallow (it was for me), but I would do it again in a heartbeat.

$1250 is also too high for me. But I still prefer to have a console which is more like the OEM one. So taptes is more suitable in my option. It's also cheaper than others in the market. I have not bought it yet, let me know if you have any other options for me (cheaper is better). THX.

Save yoru money. Get the silicone Topfit or the one I bought which appears to be the same thing, a few $$ cheaper on Amazon:

PROBASTO Tesla Model S Center Container/Cup Holder Tesla Console Container Center Storage Box for Model S 2012 2013 2014 2015 JY Silicone, Black

Goodness, what's up with the big bold??

Save yoru money. Get the silicone Topfit or the one I bought which appears to be the same thing, a few $$ cheaper on Amazon:

PROBASTO Tesla Model S Center Container/Cup Holder Tesla Console Container Center Storage Box for Model S 2012 2013 2014 2015 JY Silicone, Black

This one is really great and still leaves so much room between the seats for stuff when needed.

PROBASTO Tesla Model S Center Container/Cup Holder Tesla Console Container Center Storage Box for Model S 2012 2013 2014 2015 JY Silicone, Black[/B]

This one is really great and still leaves so much room between the seats for stuff when needed.

I tried this style first based on the need for cup holders, organization of some sort and a desire for a cheap solution. It was quickly apparent, however, that this wasn't the solution I was looking for. It was flimsy and cups would spill when going around corners, stopping or accelerating. Kind of defeated the intended purpose. It also looks terribly cheap inside of a Tesla. Having used them first hand and most other center console inserts, I would not recommend them.

I tried this style first based on the need for cup holders, organization of some sort and a desire for a cheap solution. It was quickly apparent, however, that this wasn't the solution I was looking for. It was flimsy and cups would spill when going around corners, stopping or accelerating. Kind of defeated the intended purpose. It also looks terribly cheap inside of a Tesla. Having used them first hand and most other center console inserts, I would not recommend them.

Flimsy, really? The one I have is quite thick, heavy-duty silicone, almost semi-rigid, and the cup holders are snug with no play at all. Sounds like you might have gotten a cheaply made version. This one is heavy duty.

Reactions: Mhoepfin
Flimsy, really? The one I have is quite thick, heavy-duty silicone, almost semi-rigid, and the cup holders are snug with no play at all. Sounds like you might have gotten a cheaply made version. This one is heavy duty.
Now put a 30oz tumbler in the cup holder and drive around for a few days the way you normally would.. The tumbler will fall over under normal circumstances. They're all the same. None of them is any different or better than the other. Buy the cheapest version of this with a good return policy and see for yourself that they're junk.

Now put a 30oz tumbler in the cup holder and drive around for a few days the way you normally would.. The tumbler will fall over under normal circumstances. They're all the same. None of them is any different or better than the other. Buy the cheapest version of this with a good return policy and see for yourself that they're junk.

I own and use the the Probasto model I posted about above.

Ah, well, you didn't say you were putting a 30 oz top-heavy Tervis tumbler with a skinny base and wide mouth into a holder designed for coffee cups, soda cans and a water bottle. In that case, a $500 - $1200 console is the best option (I guess) to hold a $30 cup, among other things..