Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Best bet is to contact T1 support if you want an update. They can always make it happen.
Thanks for the info, and on the other post, def so. No point in updating here unless there’s something to fix. At least we have easy access to release notes to see what’s out there and what is fixed (when it’s something concrete).

FYI this was actually upgraded on 5/22 so the current installed version is 1.35.2 for some reason. Probably no call for 36 in the US yet? Or they always wait for a while for using new fw on new installs?

FYI this was actually upgraded on 5/22 so the current installed version is 1.35.2 for some reason. Probably no call for 36 in the US yet? Or they always wait for a while for using new fw on new installs?
1.36 just came out in the US very recently as well. I've noticed different behavior on it vs. all previous versions. Hopefully my Powerwalls are just relearning. Since 1.37 came out quickly, in guessing they found a bug in 1.36.x that needed to be fixed quickly.

When I first got mine installed, the firmware was several versions old. I don't think they make an effort to update them to the latest version right away.

Thanks for the info, and on the other post, def so. No point in updating here unless there’s something to fix. At least we have easy access to release notes to see what’s out there and what is fixed (when it’s something concrete).

Just got off the phone with Level 1 Tech Support - and a rep I know fairly well. But I did get pushback on getting the 1.37 release. She argued that an algorithm is determining who gets later releases and even stated that information as to what each release does is not something they talk about until ALL have that release.

I followed up with a query about the 66 Hertz issue and she prompted invalidated her statement by telling me that 1.36.1 deals with that issue (!). I then requested the 1.36.1 release as it is well known at Tech Support that I am spearheading that issue here. She noted she would put a request in for my update at this point.

As I've stated MANY times, it is the squeaky wheel that gets the updates as they are likely quite overwhelmed there. All I can suggest is that you make your request known if you want to test the 66 Hz issue with the new release.

I just got 1.37.0 yesterday and this morning the behavior is different than I have ever seen before. The Powerwalls discharged at the beginning of the shoulder period to eliminate our morning usage spike getting ready for work and school. I will post the chart after the Peak period begins at 2pm to show what it did through today's shoulder on TBC-Balanced. I will also try to test 66Hz issue this weekend.

I just got 1.37.0 yesterday and this morning the behavior is different than I have ever seen before. The Powerwalls discharged at the beginning of the shoulder period to eliminate our morning usage spike getting ready for work and school. I will post the chart after the Peak period begins at 2pm to show what it did through today's shoulder on TBC-Balanced. I will also try to test 66Hz issue this weekend.

Sounds good. Would be interesting to see what multiple people find as to the Hertz issue - especially the nighttime issue. I hope they are now checking for ACTUAL solar input if grid loss so the Hertz doesn't rise at night when SoC is 95%+ and the grid is disconnected.

I followed up with a query about the 66 Hertz issue

Although we run at 50Hz I am interested to see if I run into similar issues this week when our old Gateway is replaced with a new Backup Gateway 2.
I have a couple of APC Back-ups pro 1500 covering the NAS/routers/switches and security DVR and am waiting to see how they behave the first time we become islanded.

Here is my system's new behavior of TBC-Balanced. The solar component is hidden in the second image to make it more clear what is happening.

2019-05-24_15-55-25_000.jpg
2019-05-24_15-55-28_000.jpg

You can see that during the morning Off-Peak the grid is supplying the house. When the solar gets above about 100W, the Powerwalls start charging. When the shoulder period starts at 7am, it starts discharging to roughly zero the grid usage. This is like Self-Powered mode. After about 8:00am the solar generation was greater than the consumption and we left the house to go to school and work. For the remainder of the shoulder period the grid was basically zeroed out. When the Peak period started, the Powerwalls started to discharge to cover the household usage and All Solar was exported.

This was my first full day on 1.37.0 and I have never seen this behavior before. I think most people would prefer this to the prior behavior during the should period on TBC-Balanced.

The chart below is yesterday for reference. It shows the shoulder period discharge and the fact that it botches the transition from charging with All Solar to charging with Surplus Solar. It even changed its mind about discharging during the shoulder without me changing anything. Earlier in the week I was playing with the Reserve to force it to charge more during the shoulder, but I don't think I touched it at all yesterday.

2019-05-24_16-30-54_000.jpg

I spoke too soon about the virtues of 1.37.0. Friday was good, but Sunday has been terrible. There's nothing worse than discharge into Off-Peak. I will post the chart near the end of the day. The problem is that even after powering the house through the Peak on Saturday, the SOC was still relatively high. I think the Powerwall software doesn't logically handle what it feels is surplus energy.

Once again, I spoke too soon. I just checked the Backup History and evidently there was a 1 hour and 5 minute outage today. I have no idea when it was. There were no notifications. The chart shows the Powerwalls discharging for 15 minutes starting at midnight when the Model 3 started charging, then again for nearly 4 hours from ~4am-7am, but there is a taper on both ends, not a hard cutover. If there was only one interval with an intermediate value, you could say that the outage started in the middle of that interval, but the Powerwalls started discharging with 0.2kW at 03:45 and the grid did not read 0.0 until 04:00. The house was drawing 0.7kW continuously during that time.

• Informative
Reactions: JES2