Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1.49% loan for 60 months at Stanford credit union

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Different times now with chip shortages, parts shortages, high demand, etc.. You can think whatever you want about the current times and I’ll do the same.
Since I’m not taking out a loan, it doesn’t matter to me. Regardless, you are saying a new Tesla purchased 2 years ago has dropped like a rock in value. I’m going to say that’s rubbish. In mid-2021, this is fact and not opinion. In different times, you’d be correct.
I bought a beautiful 2016 Model X P90D with 41,000 miles and in perfect new type condition in July with every option you can think of for $60,000.00. I have the original window sticker and the original buyer paid $152,950.00 for the car in 2016! So they lost $92,950.00 in 5 years and no chip shortage here and supposedly high used car prices during that time. Every car looses a tom of value as soon as it is driven off the lot.

Reactions: Drew-MS
I will never pay cash for anything again. I paid my primary house cash, my rental cash etc etc. I probably can make multiple Plaids $ in the period of the 6-5 year loan. If my Tesla trade in goes well I will lose $2.5 on my Model 3 Performance after 3 years.
Rates at these low levels are basically a gift from the Fed Chairman. IMO interest rates will not be this low again in our lifetime. Auto loans at 2% for 72 months were unheard of years ago.

and maybe this link

I applied through DCU yesterday. It gave me a webage saying "Application Received", however no confirmation email. The webpage made it clear, do not call or email as no one can help, just wait for contact.

How long will this take? Due to the ridiculous nature of the waiting period after purchasing, I waited to apply for financing until I received my vin. Now I'm sitting here hoping tesla doesnt call to confirm a pick up date and then financing takes too long

Reactions: DavidSRQ
I applied through DCU yesterday. It gave me a webage saying "Application Received", however no confirmation email. The webpage made it clear, do not call or email as no one can help, just wait for contact.

How long will this take? Due to the ridiculous nature of the waiting period after purchasing, I waited to apply for financing until I received my vin. Now I'm sitting here hoping tesla doesnt call to confirm a pick up date and then financing takes too long
do not worry too much
they will contact you eventually
they are more interested in you as a client who is willing to get a loan than you in them

Reactions: jm404
Status
Not open for further replies.