TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

1.5% financing ending at 22:00 today

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by hagrid_LDN, Aug 10, 2017.

1. hagrid_LDN

hagrid_LDN Member

Hi there

I have been talking with Tesla to order an inventory Model S and they called me today to say that the 1.5% offer on financing is finishing today

Did you hear the same news from other Tesla dealers?

2. sparkypete

sparkypete Member

I heard the same but three months ago from Bristol - that it was ending the next day. It may be they keep renewing it and the centres are not told but also it may just be a sales tactic.

3. hagrid_LDN

hagrid_LDN Member

Thanks Sparkypete

I hope so and that you are right! I told the sales rep I am not rushing any order today as there are lots of money at stake here and I am not prepared to do an impulse buying

4. CotswoldS3X

CotswoldS3X Member

I was told earlier this month it would be ending on the 10th so that tallies with what you've been told!

5. mrkisskiss

mrkisskiss Member

Well.. for those on the fence... Model S is definitely cheaper than it was. The car I ordered in January is, as of today, £20k cheaper (and comes with better sound and Autopilot HW "2.5"!)

I still have free supercharging though. Which I never use. If anyone needs referral, do get in touch etc etc.

6. CotswoldS3X

CotswoldS3X Member

Well, as of 7:50am this morning (11th) the 1.5% is still available (online at least!)

7. RB72

RB72 New Member

I have a test drive of an X this afternoon, so excited, but will be asking about the 1.5%, as I am not looking to pull the trigger until Christmas time.

8. sparkypete

sparkypete Member

No surprise there then. You expect that kind of thing from double glazing salesmen but not from a company with a reputation to build. Honesty is surely a key requirement for that.

9. CotswoldS3X

CotswoldS3X Member

Agreed!

In their defence, I wonder if it's a case of everything they have been told indicates it would've ended last night, then they've come in today to an email saying it's been extended for X months...
    Working in the banking industry that wouldn't surprise me in the least!

10. RB72

RB72 New Member

Had my test drive this afternoon, great car, loved it and thanks to the guys at Tesla Crawley for their time and patience.
    The 1.5% pcp has been extended, due to popularity, but don't know until when. I cannot order until Christmas-ish, so fingers crossed.

• Like x 1
  11. CotswoldS3X

CotswoldS3X Member

That's good to know!

Which model did you test?

12. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Active Member

Order now for later delivery (max is 6 months I think)? Get today's price and tomorrow's delivery (including any improvements) - except that any significant change (such as Battery size) you will either have to pay up-lift, or downgrade, with refund, to smaller size [as of that time].

Just the deposit to pay now ...

• Like x 1
  13. hagrid_LDN

hagrid_LDN Member

Folks, sales guy called me at midday on Friday to say the 1.5% is extended for another 2 weeks.

I did not believe it as he was pushing me to order the evening before saying the offer was off at 22:00

Have a test drive mid Sept and will wait until then.