TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

1.5 Roadster Tire Thread

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by vfx, Jun 23, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Carl W

Carl W 2008, #311 thunder gray 1.5

Oh, I was going by what others seem to get from theirs, which seems to be more like 12,000. My tires are markedly more worn on the inner edges and then even everywhere else. They were that way when I bought the car and I've put about 2,500 miles on them since buying the car about 6 months ago. How do you get even wear? Is your wear unusual for a roadster or is mine?

2. Carl W

Carl W 2008, #311 thunder gray 1.5

Below are pictures of my left and right rear tires about 1000 miles ago.

Attached Files:

3. hcsharp

hcsharp Active Member

The only way I know of to prevent the wear on the inside is to reduce the negative camber to bring it closer to 0 deg instead of spec -1.8 deg. You pay a price for doing this. You'll notice a significant reduction in performance. I find that I'm usually down to the wear bars in the middle of the tire by the time the inside edge is worn so far to be a hazard, so no point in changing alignment to reduce the inside wear.

• Like x 1
  4. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

OOPS I was wrong will get like 12,000 out of the Pilot Super Sports not 20,000.

5. Yournized

Yournized New Member

Toyo cant be bad, so they allways are good, glad it works well for u!

6. tvuolo

tvuolo Supporting Member

I'm running the Pilot Super Sports in the back and already have 11,000 miles on them. I'll see if I can get a tread depth measurement, but they still look fantastic, and have very little road noise. I estimate they have another 6000 miles left. However... I did zero autocrossing this summer. They've mostly seen daily driving and some "spirited" drives in the mountains. I notice they break free a hair sooner than the AD07s, but overall I like them better.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  7. thefortunes

thefortunes Member

I got 12k and 15k out of my last 2 sets of Pilot Super Sports.

8. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Followup: had to replace my rear ADO8’s with only 7K miles on them! So they didn’t last as long as the AD07’s which were going to 9K or more. Disappointing. Went back to AD07’s in the rear. Fronts are still good, of course.

9. slcasner

slcasner Member

My AD08's lasted 16 vs 14 for AD07. Maybe your fun quotient increased?

10. Tex EV

Tex EV Member

Just a heads up that the AD08 R is currently on Tire Rack for $128/ea.

11. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Your rears last that long? Mine never get anywhere near that kind of mileage. I’m happy if I get 10K, but before this most recent change I was getting 9K. On the fronts I get around 25K.

I am confident that I am driving my car in the same manner now as I have been for the past 3 1/2 years. No change.

12. slcasner

slcasner Member

One factor may be that I have taken a couple of 2400-mile road trips of which a substantial portion was freeway driving at 62 mph. And some shorter trips to Santa Barbara as well.

13. GabrielLee41

GabrielLee41 Member

As far as I know there is no difference between 2.0 and 2.5 as far as tires go. Should be the same.