Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1,674 Miles in on my '21 Model 3... All door speakers and subwoofers = dead.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, my '21 Model 3 LR that I took delivery of exactly 1 month ago has just decided to nuke almost all of its speakers. There is tinny garbage audio coming from the front soundbar alone, but if I move the balance to the rear of the car there isn't a peep. I've tried a reset with the two wheels clicked in as well as a Power Off from the settings screen. Neither helped. Decided I'll have to take it to the service geniuses - only appt was 2 weeks out. Anyone have any other ideas to resolve this? I'm supposed to be taking a road trip next week and will be doing a ton of driving (in silence now I guess).

I've googled and heard that a loose wire somewhere could be causing this - happy to hunt for that if it's easy to find. Also saw that others had this issue after driving through rain (it is raining here today) and that somehow water got into the amplifier and fried it. Where is the amp?

Pretty disappointed that a $50k car can't even last a month without a serious problem like this.

Bentley's never have problems. I mean the more expensive the car the less problems is will have right? /s
Do Bentley's sound systems short out in the first month of ownership?

Fairly certain that the more you pay, the more the dealer gives a crap when something goes wrong. It's called customer service and helps create brand loyalty.

Anywho:
I live close enough to the service center that I dropped by - and on that trip the speakers started making a popping sound and playing a little bit, then cutting out for a few seconds, then playing a little.... repeat. Which is actually even more annoying than the initial issue. They told me it needs a new Amp and/or Computer - neither of which were on hand and won't be able to have installed til the end of the month. And that was that. No offer for a loaner, nothing. So yeah, not exactly going above and beyond or giving me all the warm n fuzzies of new car ownership.

Last edited:
Do Bentley's sound systems short out in the first month of ownership?

Every single item thats manufacturered has some subset of items that have issues. Its disappointing for that person, for sure, but me personally, I am always surprised that people think that spending XXX dollars on something means that it will never have an issue. manufacturing things simply doesnt work that way.

People have 1million dollar cars that have issues, and people have cars that are worth almost nothing that have never had an issue. Spending X doesnt guarantee anything.

Voice your disappointment, sure, but the "Its too bad a car that cost XX has an issue" thing is... not sure what verb I want to use for it.

Every single item thats manufacturered has some subset of items that have issues. Its disappointing for that person, for sure, but me personally, I am always surprised that people think that spending XXX dollars on something means that it will never have an issue. manufacturing things simply doesnt work that way.

People have 1million dollar cars that have issues, and people have cars that are worth almost nothing that have never had an issue. Spending X doesnt guarantee anything.

Voice your disappointment, sure, but the "Its too bad a car that cost XX has an issue" thing is... not sure what verb I want to use for it.
Valid point - and I agree, every single manufactured thing has the potential for unpredictable flaws. I stand corrected in my initial post for sure, $$ spent doesn't mean flaws won't exist.

I do think $$ spent should equate to a higher level of service though (I'd be willing to bet Bentley/Ferrari/Lamborghini would whip out a loaner, a bottle of champagne, and tickets to the theatre for one of their new customers 🤣).

Apparently the service center in Indy was just hit by a hail storm in the last couple weeks, damaging their entire fleet of service loaners - otherwise I would have been offered one.... Soooo it's beginning to look like I just have garbage luck.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
That sucks, seems like you got unlucky. Every car will have a subset that will have some unlikely failure right off the bat, you just have to hope it’s not you. My wife’s friend just bought a brand new SQ5. Less than a week in and they had intermittent issues where pressing the gas pedal gave zero response. Guess they said some failure in a fuel line or injector (don’t know the exact failure point). Said it’s take over a month to get the part. Good thing they’re moving a thousand miles a way in a week or two. Luck of the draw.

Mods, please delete this thread. I'm done here.

(moderator note)

while I understand why you made this request, there isnt a need to delete the entire thread just because someone was not following forum rules and posted what amounts to a personal attack. I had to move your post as well because it quoted said post. Its completely understandable why you might be frustrated, spending a lot of money and having something then not work is frustrating, even if its because you got the "short end of the manufacturing stick"

(general comments, not directed at OP)

I have moved that post to a specific thread that exists for that type of comment (quarantined) and am making a public reminder that personal insults are not allowed. Disagreements, sure, but those must be polite and directed at the situation and never the person.

Most times people are looking for some sort of answers, or, just want to vent to others who might understand their situation. Even if one disagrees with the post, its entirely possible to do so respectfully.