Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$1,875 rebate sounds likely

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So is this another piece of fake news or just ymmv kinda thing flowing around?

There isnt any reason to think the people who say they have been told this are not telling the truth. Like I said a few posts ago, its likely going to take some time for "what to do" to filter through the tesla "rank and file" people. Tesla is notoriously bad at communicating.... or let me flip that around and say that, news gets out WAAAY faster than they intend on it to.

Forums and such hear about news just like this, with one or two people reporting what happened with them, because they are dealing with either well connected or longer tenured tesla employees. People (dozens, hundreds) read the statements of a couple people and rush to their salespeople who have not been told yet, and say "but I read online!!!!".

Just give it a few days. If I was picking up a car, and did not get it on 12/31, I would be trying to wait like 3-5 more days, to give time for tesla to sort out "the policy", unless someone had told me they were going to credit me that difference. If so, I would take delivery immediately before they possibly get told something different.

Tesla has a fairly long history of "right hand not knowing what the left is doing", and this is likely no different.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP and n8leon
Fair e
There isnt any reason to think the people who say they have been told this are not telling the truth. Like I said a few posts ago, its likely going to take some time for "what to do" to filter through the tesla "rank and file" people. Tesla is notoriously bad at communicating.... or let me flip that around and say that, news gets out WAAAY faster than they intend on it to.

Forums and such hear about news just like this, with one or two people reporting what happened with them, because they are dealing with either well connected or longer tenured tesla employees. People (dozens, hundreds) read the statements of a couple people and rush to their salespeople who have not been told yet, and say "but I read online!!!!".

Just give it a few days. If I was picking up a car, and did not get it on 12/31, I would be trying to wait like 3-5 more days, to give time for tesla to sort out "the policy", unless someone had told me they were going to credit me that difference. If so, I would take delivery immediately before they possibly get told something different.

Tesla has a fairly long history of "right hand not knowing what the left is doing", and this is likely no different.

Fair enough. I’m gonna wait a few days before I start raising concerns with my salesperson as a veteran Tesla owner (gonna be my 3rd EV)

it would be great if Tesla discounts the cars for those that missed out, but until it's official release from Tesla or unless the MVPA gets updated with new pricing I can't believe it.

so far Tesla sales people haven't been very open nor honest, so let's see if Elon helps out those who couldn't get their cars on time.

Just got a call from the manager at the Tesla store near me (San Diego). When I take delivery on my SR+ they will issue me a check for $1875 since they could not deliver by the end of the year. They also mentioned that we should expect to have our car this month.

This is for a white/black SR+ ordered on 12/1.
Awesome. I bet there's less than 500 owners with this issue, so less than a million to get rid of the bad feelings.

I ordered an SR+ in the Eden Prairie, MN store on 12/7. Was told I just made the cutoff for December delivery. 2-3 weeks was the timeframe. On 12/20, I was told it wouldn’t be delivered and that I should expect late January or sometime in February. A few days later, they called and offered me an inventory long range with different exterior color and interior color. I turned it down. Waiting to hear back from them on what they’ve been told, if anything. So I know firsthand, it’s not only in California, although it seems most people on the forums are from there.

Because those are the deliveries scheduled up to the last second. Out of state had their deliveries earlier in the month.
My source: I took delivery in SLC on 12/31 at 4pm, I know of deliveries that were delayed until 12/30, 12/31 or beyond in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver
A few more west coast then. Still i think 500 is a reasonable estimate. Do you think more than 1000? Shouldn't materially impact tesla earnings is what I'm saying.