Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$1,875 rebate sounds likely

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered an M3 on 12/21 from existing inventory. My delivery was scheduled for 12/29. They called me and said that the car was now in a body shop because of damage sustained during transport. They tentatively scheduled my delivery for 1/5. My delay was not related to production, but circumstances beyond my control. Do I fight for compensation? Do I have a leg to stand on?

Yes, the deal has been approved by Finance, according to the Showroom manager at the Fremont factory.
They are gathering the Reservation Numbers of people that were supposed to get their car by year end, but did not.
They were planning to start proactively contacting people this week, but it will likely roll into next week.
This is all they are planning to do for people.

• Helpful
Reactions: Transformer
Yes, the deal has been approved by Finance, according to the Showroom manager at the Fremont factory.
They are gathering the Reservation Numbers of people that were supposed to get their car by year end, but did not.
They were planning to start proactively contacting people this week, but it will likely roll into next week.

"This is all"?? I think that's pretty great, actually.

What else do you expect them to do, tickle your happy spot?

Exciting news if true! Waiting on confirmation from my reps. Knew Tesla would pull through. :)

Not sure if the deduction will actually happen or not. When I called the Tesla Delivery Center in Fremont this afternoon, they told me that they will not provide any credit/deduction. December 31 was always an "estimated date for delivery" from their perspective. I had placed my SR+ order on Nov. 23. This was confirmed with supervisor there and this is same message they have been telling other customers today who have called on this. I hope I'm wrong on this but this is what I've been told.

• Informative
Reactions: Techlead13
Not sure if the deduction will actually happen or not. When I called the Tesla Delivery Center in Fremont this afternoon, they told me that they will not provide any credit/deduction. December 31 was always an "estimated date for delivery" from their perspective. I had placed my SR+ order on Nov. 23. This was confirmed with supervisor there and this is same message they have been telling other customers today who have called on this. I hope I'm wrong on this but this is what I've been told.

Like most things Tesla, you will need to wait for the news to filter to all of the "front line" people. Not saying its true or not true, just saying it may take some time for all of their people to get the news of "exactly" what tesla will offer, and who they will offer it to.

I gave my opinions on how I think tesla will do that earlier in the thread, so wont repeat that.

• Helpful
Reactions: Transformer
I spoke with my SR in Santa Monica this evening as well as the sales team in MDR earlier today, and no one has received word from Tesla as to how the company plans to smooth over the inconvenience caused by delivery delays, loss of rebate, etc. Seems to be still evolving and largely unknown by all those on the front lines. I'm still waiting on my SR+. Since my current lease is up this weekend and I need a vehicle to drive, I even offered to extend my budget to take one of the available LR or P3D+ models if they could re purpose the tax credit into a price adjustment, but no dice. No flexibility.