Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$1,875 rebate sounds likely

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
at least you getting more info from BP than i do. It's always one way too for me, but i went last Tuesday and they had zero info.

i have never seen them busy, always seen the advisors lounging around in the computers
Thanks for the feedback....sounds like we all are getting the same treatment from Tesla. At this point, all we can do is wait patiently and I do hope Tesla make it right for those of us that missed EOY deliveries. I understand there may never have been a guarantee on Tesla's part for EOY delivery but semantics aside, a reputable company should stand by their words...tho I'm not getting my hopes up.

Reactions: matador4
Took delivery of my model 3 in Bellevue, WA today. I asked my SA about compensation based on the reports here and from others on the Tesla forum (I ordered my car on 11/16 and originally had a delivery appt on 12/31). My SA indicated no one in the pacific northwest has received any type of compensation and I wouldn't be getting any either. It does seem like most of those who reported getting compensation are from California. Maybe they're only doing this regionally? Good luck...

Update - I ordered my SR+ on 12/4/19 white on black with Aeros. Verbiage at that time stated I would receive delivery by EOY. I had a delivery scheduled for 12/28/19 (no VIN), which was subsequently cancelled the night before with no explanation. I failed to receive a car by EOY. In early January I was told it could be weeks to a month before my SR+ would be ready. As a result, I had my SR keep a close eye on inventory that became available and he was able to match me to a white on black LR AWD last week. Since Tesla failed to deliver by EOY, I have been hounding my SR for information re: reparation on the tax credit nearly every few days. He did say that Tesla was approving credits on a case-by-case basis, as long as the customer ordered before 12/8/19 (which I did) and was available to receive their car by EOY (which I was), but couldn't guarantee anything. He kept dodging and giving vague but somewhat positive answers, no commitment though. Even when I matched to the LR VIN, he said he couldn't guarantee any incentive. I scheduled my delivery for tomorrow anyways and continued to ask for the credit - tonight my MVPA was adjusted by $1,750 as a "Referral Credit". Pick up tomorrow. What a roller coaster ride.

Update - I ordered my SR+ on 12/4/19 white on black with Aeros. Verbiage at that time stated I would receive delivery by EOY. I had a delivery scheduled for 12/28/19 (no VIN), which was subsequently cancelled the night before with no explanation. I failed to receive a car by EOY. In early January I was told it could be weeks to a month before my SR+ would be ready. As a result, I had my SR keep a close eye on inventory that became available and he was able to match me to a white on black LR AWD last week. Since Tesla failed to deliver by EOY, I have been hounding my SR for information re: reparation on the tax credit nearly every few days. He did say that Tesla was approving credits on a case-by-case basis, as long as the customer ordered before 12/8/19 (which I did) and was available to receive their car by EOY (which I was), but couldn't guarantee anything. He kept dodging and giving vague but somewhat positive answers, no commitment though. Even when I matched to the LR VIN, he said he couldn't guarantee any incentive. I scheduled my delivery for tomorrow anyways and continued to ask for the credit - tonight my MVPA was adjusted by $1,750 as a "Referral Credit". Pick up tomorrow. What a roller coaster ride.

Which delivery center?

If you were one of the people that went to the New Years Eve event at Fremont, waited until after midnight, and still did not get your car, I think you have a very good chance of getting the rebate. It was clearly not your fault.

Other cases are being look at individually based on when the order was placed, where it was supposed to be delivered, and how quickly you responded and completed all paperwork. But it does not seem consistent based on responses so far so it may have to do with how hard your sales rep is working on your behalf to fight for your case.

Reactions: AZjohnInCA
anyone successfully getting confirmation for credit of $1700 for orders in 1st week of December?
I picked up my SR+ white/black this morning (ordered Dec 2). When they called me two days ago to inform me of delivery, I had asked about the federal rebate. The rep had to go talk to her management but was able to give me a $1,750 as a "Referral Credit". I believe it's a case by case evaluation as others in this forum mentioned they only got free supercharging.

I picked up my SR+ white/black this morning (ordered Dec 2). When they called me two days ago to inform me of delivery, I had asked about the federal rebate. The rep had to go talk to her management but was able to give me a $1,750 as a "Referral Credit". I believe it's a case by case evaluation as others in this forum mentioned they only got free supercharging.

dang, did you ever get a text to set up delivery by EOY but got canceled?

i ordered just a day after you and same vehicle, still getting the run around of free supercharging (1 yr)

A friend of mine who ordered on 11/30 picked up her white/black sr+ yesterday in marina del rey...she had to ask a bunch of times but she did get the $1750 credit.