Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$1,875 rebate sounds likely

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, if it's credited on the line price - how does that work if you financed for the full amount of the car?
Is it a credit on your tesla account or something else?

Thanks for the response :)
This happened to me...

The 1750 shows as a Referral Credit on line 1C.

If you were to finance more than the amount of the car then a negative number shows on Consumer Down-payment on Line 5E.

What I did is ask Tesla to redo the MVPA to make the full price of the car and the loan amount to be the same.

UPDATE: Picked up my car today at Marina Del Rey. Seemed like it was all SR+ with the 19 wheels that were going out today~~ They were super nice and helpful and they even had merchandise (hats, jackets,shirts, sweaters..etc etc.) The only flaws I saw on the car was what i thought was scratches on the rear bumper but it was actually glue from the clear cover that was on it from delivery and one of the chrome moldings was a little off. they took it back and had it fixed. on the drive home i did notice that my steering wheel is not aligned straight so i put in a service order for it and someone will be coming to me on friday to take a look at it.

with regards to the tax credit, I too got my MVPA adjusted by the manager where I test drove and ordered the car from yesterday. I can confirm it shows as a $1750 referral credit. with the adjustment my down payment became -$1916.25 less then what i would have paid so a little more then the $1875.00 federal tax credit.

if you ordered on or before 12/8 AND you confirmed you were able to take delivery before 12/31 it looks like they are giving people the credit, but I had to kinda call like every week and even went in a few times to the show room to talk to the SA and the manager to get it through.

the car is definitely worth the wait and hassle though =)

Just got a delivery appointment scheduled for Friday 1/24 at Marina Del Rey DC. Will update what happens with the rebate.

UPDATE: I moved up my delivery to today at Marina Del Rey. I called my SA yesterday to let him know that I would be expecting my $1,750 “referral credit” and he said he’d discuss it with his manager and call me back, because he had no knowledge of anyone receiving and compensation. He never called back.

When I showed up today to take delivery, my SA had the day off and the SA assigned to me acted like they had no idea what I was talking about. It must be a script they’re given because they all say the exact same thing.

After fighting for the rebate for a bit he went into the back and was gone for about 20 mins. When he returned he had an updated MVPA showing my $1,750 credit. Fight for your credits, people. If you don’t, they’re not just going to voluntarily give it to you.

UPDATE: I moved up my delivery to today at Marina Del Rey. I called my SA yesterday to let him know that I would be expecting my $1,750 “referral credit” and he said he’d discuss it with his manager and call me back, because he had no knowledge of anyone receiving and compensation. He never called back.

When I showed up today to take delivery, my SA had the day off and the SA assigned to me acted like they had no idea what I was talking about. It must be a script they’re given because they all say the exact same thing.

After fighting for the rebate for a bit he went into the back and was gone for about 20 mins. When he returned he had an updated MVPA showing my $1,750 credit. Fight for your credits, people. If you don’t, they’re not just going to voluntarily give it to you.

Agree, I had to bug them every week since my order was never delivered. Did you find any flaws with your car? Dang I wonder if I saw you there. Glad to hear you were able to get the credit and get the car... Congrats!

Agree, I had to bug them every week since my order was never delivered. Did you find any flaws with your car? Dang I wonder if I saw you there. Glad to hear you were able to get the credit and get the car... Congrats!

Thanks man. I picked up a white one at 3pm and the car has totally been worth the wait so far. Would’ve still been happy about it even without the credit.

Reactions: goletaspring
Hi everyone!

I am brand new here. Placed my order 12/1 SR+ in bay area. Nothing yet! I have been asking my SA about the lost federal credit but all they have been telling me is because no vehicle was assigned to me before 12/31 I don't qualify.

Question for the folks who got the $1750 credit for Jan deliveries - were you guys assigned a VIN? Is there anyone who was not assigned a car and yet managed to get the $1750 credit? Appreciate your inputs!

thanks
NiteOwl

Hi everyone!

I am brand new here. Placed my order 12/1 SR+ in bay area. Nothing yet! I have been asking my SA about the lost federal credit but all they have been telling me is because no vehicle was assigned to me before 12/31 I don't qualify.

Question for the folks who got the $1750 credit for Jan deliveries - were you guys assigned a VIN? Is there anyone who was not assigned a car and yet managed to get the $1750 credit? Appreciate your inputs!

thanks
NiteOwl

It’s up to the discretion of the local sales management. You can bring up the text on the website that stated that orders placed by 12/8 will be delivered by end of year. Others have been successful in eventually getting the credit but sometimes you have to be really pushy and keep following up until they give you the answer you want.

Reactions: AZjohnInCA
Hi everyone!

thanks
NiteOwl

I got the $1750 credit and wasn’t assigned a VIN. They did set a tentative delivery appointment for me on 12/30 though, which they then cancelled. I took delivery 1/22.

It’s up to the discretion of the local sales management. You can bring up the text on the website that stated that orders placed by 12/8 will be delivered by end of year. Others have been successful in eventually getting the credit but sometimes you have to be really pushy and keep following up until they give you the answer you want.

Yup. At this point you have to pretty much insist on it. They won’t just give it to you unless you fight for it. They’re going to act like they haven’t done this for anyone else and can’t make an exception for you.

Ordered SR+ in late Nov. Received message yesterday saying it's ready for delivery. So today, I drove to Fremont factory showroom to ask for the discount. The sales adviser said he needed to contact the operation team and will give me a call later. After 30 mins, he called me back and told me that he will adjust my price with $1750 credit. Then, I scheduled the delivery on Friday, 31st.

BTW, the sales advisor I met today was much better than my own sale adviser, who didn't reply to any of my emails for the last month. Sometimes, you just need to find the right person to get it done. Good luck to everyone.

Reactions: AZjohnInCA
Ordered SR+ in late Nov. Received message yesterday saying it's ready for delivery. So today, I drove to Fremont factory showroom to ask for the discount. The sales adviser said he needed to contact the operation team and will give me a call later. After 30 mins, he called me back and told me that he will adjust my price with $1750 credit. Then, I scheduled the delivery on Friday, 31st.

BTW, the sales advisor I met today was much better than my own sale adviser, who didn't reply to any of my emails for the last month. Sometimes, you just need to find the right person to get it done. Good luck to everyone.
Same experience, my SA is mia. They offered me free supercharging ...plan to call them back today and request credit instead! ordered11/17.

What’s your configuration? That’s great glad they budged. I ordered 12/1 and still awaiting contact just was told 1-3 weeks it will be ready for delivery. What was your order date and configuration? Congrats!

Hi - thanks for the update! Were you assigned a VIN or given a delivery date prior to 12/31?

hello all,
Ordered my Model 3 on Nov 18. then decided to change color which my sales rep told me puts us in the back of the queue. changed color configuration on Dec. 9. Were told that there is good chance will get delivery by end of the year. Did not happen.
Now the car is ready for delivery but they are only offering free supercharging for a year. has anyone been able to get the 1750 credit in southern california??