Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$1,875 rebate sounds likely

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks everyone! Cash back is not really an option. At this point my only options are one year supercharging + $200 merch credit OR just $500 merch credit if I let go off the one year scharging :mad:

Do you have any supercharging miles? (1,000 free miles using a referral code, etc)

The $300 difference is like ~1,000kWh from the supercharger which is like 3,000 miles at least but maybe 3,500 or more...

So unless you plan to charge like 15+ times in a year (from 0 to 80%), then the merch credit is better.

Ask exactly what you can buy with that though. If it’s just T-shirts then maybe that’s a waste, but if you can get the HomeLink or wireless charging pad and stuff then the $600 probably is better...

For those of you who got free supercharging for a year.. does it say this anywhere in your account/app/car?

I was promised this in lieu of the rebate but I don't see it listed anywhere. All I see is my 1000 referral miles from using a friend's link.

I do have it in writing via email and was told that it should show up soon.

Curious where you see the referral miles in your account? I should have those from a friend but don't see where those show up... Also, I ordered mine on 10/13, took delivery 1/7/20, and just got an e-mail from my Tesla rep that my rebate check is in the mail...

Reactions: AZjohnInCA
Curious where you see the referral miles in your account? I should have those from a friend but don't see where those show up... Also, I ordered mine on 10/13, took delivery 1/7/20, and just got an e-mail from my Tesla rep that my rebate check is in the mail...

Open the app and click on the "loot box" in the top right corner.

Thanks E-V-D. I just talked with my sales rep and he is not budging. Not sure what else to try.

Ok folks, took delivery last week. the best i could do was to get supercharging for a year and a $500 merchandise credit. Even this took talking to the manger at the place we ordered. Basically, they said that if you were given a delivery date of before 12/31 and still did not get the car then you might get the rebate. Apparently, corporate is determining and controlling this.

Kind of sucks, because we cancelled our family christmas travel plans thinking that we will get delivery any day...

I was in the same boat until I decided to upgrade to AWD to take advantage of tax credit. (bought LR AWD on 12/30 late night lol) I placed my SR+ order on 12/9 and didn't hear anything until 02/05/20. I cancelled it on the same day since I already took delivery LR AWD. Should I ask them for a year of free supercharging?

Today received info I wouldn’t be eligible for the federal credit missed. Reason given : “only those who received a VIN prior to EOY and did not get delivery by then are eligible”.

Can someone legitimize this reason? I think it is total fluff. Anyone who received the credit please let me know! Thank you!

• Informative
Reactions: Transformer
Today received info I wouldn’t be eligible for the federal credit missed. Reason given : “only those who received a VIN prior to EOY and did not get delivery by then are eligible”.

Can someone legitimize this reason? I think it is total fluff. Anyone who received the credit please let me know! Thank you!

Others have received the same answer. What date did you place your order?

Some people have successfully negotiated the credit based on an early December order date but Tesla has not been consistent. I would try pushing back. Pull up the website on Wayback dated 12/1 and see what the verbiage was regarding promised delivery dates.

Thanks I appreciate that. I am just hoping someone who ordered around my order date could help out also! I really thought it would’ve been a no brained rebate after the missed delivery but it seems they will put up the fight.

If anyone around my order date was successful in obtaining the rebate please let me know!!! Let me know how it was handled please

Still waiting to hear back after this reply from 4 days ago:
the news is that your case, just like those of a few other customers, has been submitted for approval by the Regional Manager, but haven’t yet been approved. We will follow up in the next couple of days with further developments on the matter.

That's for a Nov. 9 order with 3 different MVPA VINs downloaded during December, and promised but missed deliveries Dec. 26 and Dec. 31.

Surely they delivered many later but similar orders (white/black L.R. Model 3) by year end. I guess my problem stems from living close enough to the Fremont factory that they bet on the wild NYE delivery "party." Of course I missed my actual NYE party waiting for the factory invitation that didn't come.

When I titled this thread "likely", I never said "quickly". : - P
I received a check from Tesla on Thurs.
Did anybody else receive a check this week?
I'm wondering if they are sending out a batch every Quarter.

Regardless, if you are still waiting for one, apparently there is still hope.
I suspect it was a factor that I continued to politely nag my advisor and showroom manager,
including in-person at the Fremont location.

Good luck to others!
n8

• Informative

I suspect it was a factor that I continued to politely nag my advisor and showroom manager,

Good luck to others!
n8

wow. What was your purchase and delivery date?

wow. What was your purchase and delivery date?

Purch date was the weekend before Thanksgiving, something like Nov 17, just in case there was any kind of Black Friday rush.
Delivery date was Jan 4. (and I don't think that would have even happened if I hadn't driven back to Fremont)

I made a nice downpayment, had a VIN, (actually several) and was getting texts about how my car was being built and would be delivered on schedule at the New Years Eve event. Right up until 9 PM on Dec 30, then silence. I show up at the Fremont factory on Dec 31, was pulled out of line, and told "no car for you." But he was willing to sell me one of the extra Long Range models they had sitting on the lot.

So while I appreciate Tesla trying to "make it right" by making up for the Federal tax rebate out of their own pocket . . . making me wait for over 6 months with little-to-no communication (as we've all come to expect from Tesla) doesn't go a long way towards making me a happy customer.

It is a great car, but I honestly can't recommend Tesla to family or friends until this company grows up a bit.

Purch date was the weekend before Thanksgiving, something like Nov 17, just in case there was any kind of Black Friday rush.
Delivery date was Jan 4. (and I don't think that would have even happened if I hadn't driven back to Fremont)

I made a nice downpayment, had a VIN, (actually several) and was getting texts about how my car was being built and would be delivered on schedule at the New Years Eve event. Right up until 9 PM on Dec 30, then silence. I show up at the Fremont factory on Dec 31, was pulled out of line, and told "no car for you." But he was willing to sell me one of the extra Long Range models they had sitting on the lot.

So while I appreciate Tesla trying to "make it right" by making up for the Federal tax rebate out of their own pocket . . . making me wait for over 6 months with little-to-no communication (as we've all come to expect from Tesla) doesn't go a long way towards making me a happy customer.

It is a great car, but I honestly can't recommend Tesla to family or friends until this company grows up a bit.

I hear ya. Startup+ bureaucratic somehow...

Good luck to others!
n8

Wow. That is quite a wait. I think most of us (myself included), received the price off of the vehicle purchase at time of signing.

• Informative