TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

1.9 isn’t even the best???

Discussion in 'Roadster 2020' started by alwaysru, Nov 18, 2017.

1. alwaysru

alwaysru Supporting Member

• Funny x 1
  2. gregd

gregd Active Member

Yeah, I noticed that nobody used the phrase "maximum plaid", only just "plaid". Leaves room for improvements.

• Like x 1
  3. andrewket

andrewket Well-Known Member

Elon said this at the reveal. A model/option to go above base will be coming, more info “maybe next year”.

Base = $200k
    Founders = $250k

Historically founders = all options, so I’m guessing the option will cost about $50k.

• Informative x 1
  4. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

Well the AMS alpha omega GT-R does 0-60 in 1.53 seconds
    0-100 in 2.79

Of course that’s not a production car, but still.

5. R.S

R.S Member

I don’t think there is much to improve in regards to 0-60, with street legal tires. Maybe some 0-100mph improvement? Or top speed?

Maybe 0-100 in under 4s. That would be possible, with enough power.

6. Gen3

Gen3 Member

I'm betting 1.5 to 60. The driver mentioned they were hitting less than 1.9

7. R.S

R.S Member

At some point more power doesn't produce quicker 0-60 times, so w/o rollout 1.9s is already borderline unbelievable. 1.5 is really impossible, with regular street tires, that is. But actually I think the 0-100mph time is even more impressive. And the quarter mile time. And the really high top speed.

0-60 is only an achievement based on traction control, which they already know how to do and ultimately the tire manufacturer. But achieving those quarter mile times while also having an insane top speed is truly incredible in an EV.

It would be interesting to know, if they had a two gear setup in there. But this thing has crazy power, that's for sure. 1000 hp, or more.

8. alwaysru

alwaysru Supporting Member

I look forward to everyone who picks up one of these new roadsters being able to live Dom's life - 1/4 mile at a time:

• Funny x 1