Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

+1 availabel for Cybertruck event

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got an email confirming me into the event. So it looks like they are making their way through the waitlist. Don't lose hope!
According to my referrals I thought I was to receive an invitation to the Model Y unveiling, that didn’t happen... I emailed the referral program at the time and they said it was full ... so I emailed them again when Elon announced the date for the truck event but no invite came. I’ve been to the gigafactory opening, semi reveal, and tour of the factory with lunch presentation by Hans. So I’m grateful for all those invites but not sure how I dropped off the list.

Any idea how you got an invite? Was there an email before the invite that said you had one coming?

I kinda got out of the referral game when they changed everything and my rewards were taking forever to show up. Do you have to maintain a certain amount of referrals to stay on the list? Just wondering since I thought I was still owed an invite. I’m in LA so it’s easy for me to show up at the events in Hawthorne.

Thanks in advance for your insights

According to my referrals I thought I was to receive an invitation to the Model Y unveiling, that didn’t happen... I emailed the referral program at the time and they said it was full ... so I emailed them again when Elon announced the date for the truck event but no invite came. I’ve been to the gigafactory opening, semi reveal, and tour of the factory with lunch presentation by Hans. So I’m grateful for all those invites but not sure how I dropped off the list.

Any idea how you got an invite? Was there an email before the invite that said you had one coming?

I kinda got out of the referral game when they changed everything and my rewards were taking forever to show up. Do you have to maintain a certain amount of referrals to stay on the list? Just wondering since I thought I was still owed an invite. I’m in LA so it’s easy for me to show up at the events in Hawthorne.

Thanks in advance for your insights
Hi, I actually am a +1 this time around so I'm not entirely sure what goes on behind the curtain.

But from what I'm aware of, they just received the email with no action required on their part. I'm not entirely sure if everyone eligible gets an email at the same time, or if they do it with some sort of selection process.

Or it could be that you had already claimed your referral prize when you went to another event like the Semi unveil? (Unless you won the prize a second time). I would email Tesla and ask them again. They may be able to provide more insight into how the whole invitation process works.

Hi, I actually am a +1 this time around so I'm not entirely sure what goes on behind the curtain.

But from what I'm aware of, they just received the email with no action required on their part. I'm not entirely sure if everyone eligible gets an email at the same time, or if they do it with some sort of selection process.

Or it could be that you had already claimed your referral prize when you went to another event like the Semi unveil? (Unless you won the prize a second time). I would email Tesla and ask them again. They may be able to provide more insight into how the whole invitation process works.
Thanks

I will have to up my koolaide intake perhaps. Kinda sucks to have tried to RSVP for the last event and this one too without luck. Tesla needs to have a different prize if you cannot reasonably take advantage of it.
Like the “race the Tesla Semi” prize that I won (with many others) that doesn’t seem like it will ever happen either ... I kinda fell off the referral game after all the mishaps with prizes, but I still love the cars and will recommend them to everyone

Reactions: Reeler