Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1 Day before Delivery - Ultra White Seats Perforated vs Non Perforated

Would you rather have the Ultra White perforated or Non perforated?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Soooo the long awaited delivery date of my MS P100d is tomorrow. Today, less than 24 hours I get a call from my DS saying the vehicle arrived but the Ultra White seats are not perforated as I was told they would be. He is checking to see if they can be swapped but delivery may be delayed. :-( Just looking to get the opinion of others as which they recommend or if any differences in durability and feel. I was looking forward to having the ventilation but its not a must. Should i stick with the non perforated? Opinions please!

You paid for it. It will be better in the summer to have the perforated air cooled seats. I'd wait. Maybe you can have the car until they get the seats in stock. It would really suck to know the car is there but not available.

We went for the perforated ultra white seats in our P100D that will be here in 1 week!!:D
Beware if you ordered any time around me in October it may not have them. I was told mine would have the perforated seats because they came out for model s in white before my car went into production but still didn't arrive with perforated seats.

And congratulations on yours! I just dont know if i can wait any longer after expecting to take delivery tomorrow at 10am! o_O

For whatever reason, when the ultra white seats were brought over from the X, they were not initially offered with perforation/ventilation. Only the tan and black offered the ventilation. I theorize it was just a supply issue and they didn't have ability to offer them for both the S and X until the supplier could catch up. It took some time before it finally was offered on the S. Assume yours was ordered during the initial time period.

That said, you technically got what the option at the time stated. But the PUP package option didn't cost any less if you were getting the white seats without the ventilation. That is the crux of the matter though. You got the option as stated, but the cost wasn't any different. It is quite the conundrum. Is it worth the hassle and delay to get them swapped? Hard to make that decision.

Beware if you ordered any time around me in October it may not have them. I was told mine would have the perforated seats because they came out for model s in white before my car went into production but still didn't arrive with perforated seats.

And congratulations on yours! I just dont know if i can wait any longer after expecting to take delivery tomorrow at 10am! o_O

We did order in October so our car wont have the perforated seats? So Tesla will be replacing those seats? When did your car go into production?

We did order in October so our car wont have the perforated seats? So Tesla will be replacing those seats? When did your car go into production?
IT went into production mid november. The only reason they are working out the ventilated seats for me is because my DS told me by email i would have them. Even tho when I originally ordered they weren't an option yet... I wasn't expecting them until my DS told me I would..

IT went into production mid november. The only reason they are working out the ventilated seats for me is because my DS told me by email i would have them. Even tho when I originally ordered they weren't an option yet... I wasn't expecting them until my DS told me I would..

Have them due bill it. It's not your fault and you shouldn't have to wait. Just my two cents....