TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

1-DIN Roadster owners...any custom audio mods?

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by asgard, Sep 24, 2013.

Tags:
  1. asgard

asgard Member

The 1.5 Roadsters have plenty of room below the 1-DIN slot to expand to 2-DIN. One option I am considering is to trim the long aluminum "tray" and make room for a 2-DIN housing. There are a couple of custom shops in the Bay Area willing to do this for a fraction of the cost of Tesla's now discontinued 2-DIN upgrade.
    Before I dive in, I wanted to check if any others have gone this route and liked the results?
    Thanks!

2. Jackyche

Jackyche Member

If you do end up going that route, please keep us updated with pictures and mods and costs.

I'm curious.

Thanks.

3. augkuo

augkuo Member

It might be easier to just get a 1-DIN stereo deck with a flip-up screen -

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/DVD-Receivers/AVH-P6300BT

4. asgard

asgard Member

I will keep you all posted. I am meeting with the audio guy tomorrow to figure out various options.