Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1. gen AutoEase Power Liftgate problem...retrofit OEM struts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 1. gen Power Liftgate from AutoEase has been nothing but trouble since new. I have emailed AutoEase several times but I get nothing back!

The problems are the struts. They will not stay in the open position and especially when it`s warm, the liftgate will close uncommanded 9/10 times.
Both struts also rattle like it`s going out of style and I have devised a superghetto soulution wrapping the struts in foam.

I can get a set of OEM struts from a late 18 model dirt cheap. If the wireing can be spliced easily, that would solve the problem(I hope)

Any insight into this would be great:)

Ok, so AutoEase stepped up and asked me to shoot a video of the the struts in operation. They imideately acknowledegd the the struts are busted and would replace them. They also offered the latest generation of their kit with softclose etc at a very decent price so I think I`m going for the soft close option. The slam shut function really never sit well with me anyway!

But, the original question about retrofitting OEM struts to the AutoEease/COZero kit stil stands!
I really would appreciate any tips on how to make this work:)