TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

1 month of ownership

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by tennisman, Jun 24, 2014.

1. tennisman

tennisman Member

It's been about 1 month of ownership of my P85 and here are my impressions so far:

1) BEST CAR I'VE EVER OWNED!!

That about sums it up!!

Tennisman

2. tiblot

tiblot Member

I'm 1 Month - 3 days. Mine's not quite as nice as yours but I agree with this summary. hahahah.

3. benemac

benemac Member

Tiblot, how do you like your textile seats? We ordered our car like that and have yet to see them in person. Everyone has leather. I took a test drive on Sunday and they let me drive for close to an hour because we bought. The leather seats were nice, but felt firm. The store and the service center both rave about the textile seats, but they may be programmed to love anything you've ordered. :)

4. tiblot

tiblot Member

Honestly, I really like them. They're very nice and will definitely hold up better as the seats age. A couple of the guys in the DC club have seen them and they were impressed as well.

Bottom line: if I were to order again, I'd still go with Textile. Here's a pic:

IMG_20140531_134701.jpg

5. GoBlue88

GoBlue88 Member

1 month for me in just a few days from now. It has already gotten to the point that I'm forgetting how to drive an ICE. The other day I was driving an ICE (was going to the beach - didn't want to get sand in my new MS) and I almost rear ended someone because I forgot that the ICE doesn't have regen slowdown!

6. tiblot

tiblot Member

LOL same. I drove my bro's ICE over the weekend. It was SO weird letting off the gas and the car just keeps going .... hahaha

7. jrreno

jrreno Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile

We have had our 85 for just a little over a month and I'll +1 the summary, I love it!
    I switch between the Leaf and the 85 and each time I have to remember how to drive.
    The Leaf doesn't do hardly any regen without hitting the brake pedal and it has built in creep.
    On the 85 I pretty much one pedal drive.

8. leshore

leshore Member

Two Months, Five Days...3,000 miles...couldn't agree more. I just love driving it.

9. benemac

benemac Member

Thanks for the picture. They look great. They're black right? I only ask because they sort of look grayish.

10. tiblot

tiblot Member

The leather area is dark black. The Textile area (middle sections) are black, but they're sort of patterned with some vertical striping. It looks a bit grayish due to that. If you like I can take a zoomed in shot. Just let me know.

11. benemac

benemac Member

I'm sure it's the lighting. Glad to hear it's a dk black on the leather look areas. No need for another pic. I appreciate you taking the picture in the first place!

Looks comfortable.

12. Pate

Pate Member

One month 9 days for me, and have to agree with the OP! :)

Pate

13. tliving

tliving Member

14. FLDarren

FLDarren Member

I don't see how Model S can get any better. I'm blown away every time I step foot into mine. I still can't believe I have one.