Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1 sec 0-100 increase performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I'm trying to find out if my Model S75's performance will increase as per this article:

Tesla Makes Model S and Model X Faster Overnight With Over The Air Update

"One of the coolest parts of that update will affect all current owners of the 75 kWh Model S and Model X. Thanks to an over the air update, Tesla has managed to extract better acceleration out of the 75 kWh battery, allowing for all vehicles equipped with it to accelerate 1 second faster than they were previously able to. That means the Model S 75D can now hit 0-60 mph in 4.2 seconds, down from 5.2 seconds. Things get even better for the rear-wheel drive Model S 75, which sees its time drop from 5.5 seconds down to 4.3 seconds. Over on the SUV side of things the Model X 75D can now hit 0-60 mph in 4.9 seconds, down from an even 6 seconds. "

My car was delivered in March 2017.

The article says "all MS n MX 75" cars will be effected. But somebody posted this on an FB page, "What Nathan said! I called tesla today to get clarification of what new meant. They said any car built after June 19 has the new hardware for the speed boost. They also told me that today was my lucky day because my X had been built on June 20th!!!! They also said the code should roll out over the next two weeks. I currently am running 2017.32 9ea02cb"

^ Is this correct?

Hi, I'm trying to find out if my Model S75's performance will increase as per this article:

Tesla Makes Model S and Model X Faster Overnight With Over The Air Update

"One of the coolest parts of that update will affect all current owners of the 75 kWh Model S and Model X. Thanks to an over the air update, Tesla has managed to extract better acceleration out of the 75 kWh battery, allowing for all vehicles equipped with it to accelerate 1 second faster than they were previously able to. That means the Model S 75D can now hit 0-60 mph in 4.2 seconds, down from 5.2 seconds. Things get even better for the rear-wheel drive Model S 75, which sees its time drop from 5.5 seconds down to 4.3 seconds. Over on the SUV side of things the Model X 75D can now hit 0-60 mph in 4.9 seconds, down from an even 6 seconds. "

My car was delivered in March 2017.

The article says "all MS n MX 75" cars will be effected. But somebody posted this on an FB page, "What Nathan said! I called tesla today to get clarification of what new meant. They said any car built after June 19 has the new hardware for the speed boost. They also told me that today was my lucky day because my X had been built on June 20th!!!! They also said the code should roll out over the next two weeks. I currently am running 2017.32 9ea02cb"

^ Is this correct?
Is it June 19th 2016?

Does anyone know an approximate VIN serial number for the June 19th change-over date. Inventory cars list a serial number, not a build date, and I'm trying to determine if an inventory car has the hardware upgrades.

Does anyone know an approximate VIN serial number for the June 19th change-over date.
Just a caution: cars are not built in strict VIN order.

And I am certain that no one outside of Tesla knows exactly which VINs have the performance hardware update. If you are looking at buying an inventory car you will need to ask Tesla about that car specifically.

PowerTools: +-0.25 sec
TM-Spy: +-0.10 sec
Cheap Track Computer: better

Any of these you'll need to do a few runs, throw out outliers and average the rest. That will get rid of the variability. Problem with PowerTools is you need good cell data coverage to do the runs.

Last edited:
Reactions: FutureShock