TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

+1 to the LA family

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by offset, Aug 17, 2014.

1. offset

offset Member

Well...

I'm new here, I just put my deposit in. I should gt it late October. I'm excited.

I'm a car guy, mainly Porsche cars. This Tesla will be my commuter. I'm based out of the SF Valley and I drive to Newport. Let's see how the Tesla holds up to a 160mile commute a day.

85/Gray/Black/Carbon/Sound/Dual Charger/Tech/Parking Sensors/Air Suspension/19"(however looking for new wheels now)

2. Lump

Lump Active Member

Perfect car for long commutes especially if it involves traffic utilizining one peddle driving.

Sesrch for TSportine for after market wheels, they are perfect for the 19's.

3. GSP

GSP Member

If you like driving your Porsche hard, consider getting the spring suspension instead of air, and lowering it by 1-2"

Search for lolachampcar's suspension mods on this forum to get stiffer Perf+ dampers on a spring car.

Also consider getting the performance inverter, of course.

GSP

4. offset

offset Member

Hey Lump, I just noticed you're in my neck of the woods. I live right on the boarder of Granada Hills and Northridge.

As far as wheels go, I was thinking about either ADV.1's or CCW's. I want to go with a 20" diameter but a lower profile to keep the same overall size as the OE 19" wheel/tire combo.

5. Lump

Lump Active Member

Wow, Northridge to Newport is crazy, maybe you work at Pimco or another financial & avoid rush hour.

Personally I didn't want to be too daring with wheels\tires to avoid any warranty issues or hassles with finding a tire shop to patch nails or tire rotations, so I was relieved when the service center was familiar with TSportline & rotated without a fuss. I did a forum search for CCW's & found this thread, I am sure you might find more New 20 Tires

I can't wait too see you around.