Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1 wee with MYP, what do I miss from my Chevy Volt?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's been one week since my MYP was delivered. Nearly perfection all ways. I love everything about it.

With that said, I am keeping my Chevy Volt as a spare car. Thought about selling it, but it's in perfect condition and my wife wants to use it as a grocery getter.

There really is only one thing the Volt did that I wish the MYP did, Rear Cross Traffic Alerts. It was brilliant at this. So many times I found myself parked between two vans, or trucks and has zero visibility as to what was coming down the parking aisle. The Volt would always beep and point in the direction.of cross traffic and sure enough a few seconds after the beep I would see a car or pedestrian cross through the backup camera image. Really miss that feature. I hope it appears in some form on the Y soon.

I drove my 2017 Chevrolet Volt Premier for 4 years until June of this when I accepted delivery of my MY. The features from the Volt missing in my MY besides the blind spot warning / cross-traffic alert are the heated steering wheel, OnStar, Wi-Fi hotspot (required optional OnStar data plan), Apple CarPlay / Android Auto, Auto Park (the parallel parking assist in the Volt always worked well whenever I used it.) I have the Long Range Dual Motor Model Y, no FSD. The Volt was very quick to accelerate from 0 to 30 MPH, had ok acceleration to 40 MPH and then bleh! The Volt was a good car, aught me tons of things about driving an EV even though the Volt also had a gas engine. Still, I did not need a second vehicle and I sold my Volt to CarMax two weeks after I received my MY. I have never looked back.

My previous car had the cross traffic alert, and it was great, but I don't find myself missing it as much as I thought in the Model Y. The cameras are really wide, and I feel like I can see everything I need.

That's really good to hear. I'm kind of spoiled by the Cross Traffic Alert on my Bolt and Prius Prime. I hope Elon does add it to the car, I believe he did say he was thinking about it.