Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1 week old Model X plaid suspension faults and other issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last week when I picked up the Plaid I quickly realized that I was probably going to be in for the “full tesla ownership experience” that I’ve heard so much about, but hey, the car only costs 160k, so what should I expect right? The car was delivered with broken rear seat buttons and was kind of funny how nonchalant the guy was about it… “yea that’s been happening, call and schedule a service and they’ll fix it… uhh ok…..

Today first thing in the morning I got ride control degraded, air suspension service needed, and air suspension unavailable faults, and the car drive like absolute crap. I tried resetting it a few ways but nothing

I have a service appt next week so I’ll add it to the list I suppose.

Plaid owners, has anyone had this yet?

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
Tesla needs to hire QA personnel so owners don't have to the ones to point out quality problems.

I understand they’re banging out as many as they can right now, but the local gm dealership wouldn’t deliver a 14k spark like that. Not exactly the best way to welcome new customers. But perhaps I’m just old and jaded and used to growing up in a time where customer service was important.

...Not exactly the best way to welcome new customers...
When Tesla was poor, unprofitable and when very few consumers would recognize what "Tesla" was, it used to very good with customers.

As it got more customers and became profitable, the QA and customer service have been taking a dive.

That's the bad side effects of money in Tesla.
So no wonder some may think "For the love of money is the root of all evil".

When Tesla was poor, unprofitable and when very few consumers would recognize what "Tesla" was, it used to very good with customers.

As it got more customers and became profitable, the QA and customer service have been taking a dive.

That's the bad side effects of money in Tesla.
So no wonder some may think "For the love of money is the root of all evil".

I wouldn’t be surprised if they do have QA personnel on board checking for these things, but perhaps they’re ordered to let “little imperfections” slide at this time for the sake of getting the vehicles out to their customers who have been waiting, and not clogging up service centers or factories with cars that need minor adjustments. Maybe I’m wrong, but just a guess.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they do have QA personnel on board checking for these things, but perhaps they’re ordered to let “little imperfections” slide at this time for the sake of getting the vehicles out to their customers who have been waiting, and not clogging up service centers or factories with cars that need minor adjustments. Maybe I’m wrong, but just a guess.

It might be acceptable for cheapo brand like $16k Hyundai Accent but whatever the reasons are, it is just not acceptable for $160,000 car.

Last edited:
Last week when I picked up the Plaid I quickly realized that I was probably going to be in for the “full tesla ownership experience” that I’ve heard so much about, but hey, the car only costs 160k, so what should I expect right? The car was delivered with broken rear seat buttons and was kind of funny how nonchalant the guy was about it… “yea that’s been happening, call and schedule a service and they’ll fix it… uhh ok…..

Today first thing in the morning I got ride control degraded, air suspension service needed, and air suspension unavailable faults, and the car drive like absolute crap. I tried resetting it a few ways but nothing

I have a service appt next week so I’ll add it to the list I suppose.

Plaid owners, has anyone had this yet?
Sorry for your experience. The good news, at least for me, is that the mobile service (usually for pretty minor repairs) has been great! Good luck!

Reactions: Plaidxboat
Sorry for your experience. The good news, at least for me, is that the mobile service (usually for pretty minor repairs) has been great! Good luck!

Had to change appointment to service center because of the suspension issue. I noticed this morning that the front left suspension is slammed, the rest of the car is at the normal level. Probably not safe to drive far so it’s going to sit until i take it in for service

Had to change appointment to service center because of the suspension issue. I noticed this morning that the front left suspension is slammed, the rest of the car is at the normal level. Probably not safe to drive far so it’s going to sit until i take it in for service
If it's slammed, Tesla should come pick it up. Driving in that condition is not safe or good for the vehicle. Call and tell them it's on the ground.

I have a 2022 MXP. Picked it up in August. Air suspension warnings and “Bring In For Service” messages started almost immediately. Brought it in for service almost immediately. In for 4 days And they said it was fixed. Problem came back a couple times since. Car is currently not drivable. Bringing it back for service in a week. Amazing how horrible their service is. Raleigh, NC Service Center

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna