Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1 week old MY Touchscreen unresponsive error

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New Model Y, when I unlocked the car this AM I noticed an error message, “touchscreen unresponsive “

I checked the alerts and it is attached.
The only thing different is I have since installed a tempered glass screen protector.

The touchscreen works but the error alert was there.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• EBD93A46-28E7-4D17-9768-575A443C6B7F.jpeg
    EBD93A46-28E7-4D17-9768-575A443C6B7F.jpeg
    549.2 KB · Views: 214
New Model Y, when I unlocked the car this AM I noticed an error message, “touchscreen unresponsive “

I checked the alerts and it is attached.
The only thing different is I have since installed a tempered glass screen protector.

The touchscreen works but the error alert was there.
Any suggestions?
Just do a reset. I think you indicated that the screen worked, so just some random error in all likelihood. If the error comes back, contact the SC through the app and schedule a mobile repair. They can check the error codes remotely and if there isn't anything on their end, they will just cancel the appointment.

Weird thing is, after I installed the screen protector, the touchscreen was acting strangely with ghost touches, so I went ahead and reset it.
I wonder if the screen protector is at fault?

It’s a Topfit brand from Amazon.
Anyone have any issues with a screen protector causing this error?

I remember in another thread someone mentioned that rebooting the display after installing a tempered glass screen protector helped, as some of the tempered glass protectors caused the touch sensitivity to go crazy until you rebooted. I know I've even seen phones that have a setting/calibration setting in the touch settings to accommodate screen protectors.

Hey guys, MS owner here, but I've started recieving the same error. It could be an unrelated cause, but service center have done some remote diagnosis and asked for it to be brought in. Apparently whatever checks or remediation that needs to be done requires the MCU to be removed.

Attachments

• PXL_20220205_144605280.jpg
    PXL_20220205_144605280.jpg
    487.6 KB · Views: 82
Hey guys, MS owner here, but I've started recieving the same error. It could be an unrelated cause, but service center have done some remote diagnosis and asked for it to be brought in. Apparently whatever checks or remediation that needs to be done requires the MCU to be removed.
I have been getting this error for a couple days then suddenly it stopped. I have not gotten that message since 9am today. Fingers crossed it resolved itself.